Help your children to learn about volume and capacity with our bumper resource pack. It includes topic guides to explore together, display posters, reference materials and a wide range of activities to download and complete!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
Already a member? Log In
- Two 10 Page Guides – Help your children to learn about volume and capacity with our handy teaching guides. They include information about when we use volume / capacity, related vocabulary, units of measurement, calculations, problem solving and more.
- Nine ‘Calculating Volume’ Sheets – Ask your students to calculate the volume of each shape in these handy activity sheets. These are available at nine different levels of difficulty.
- Two ‘Missing Measurements’ Challenges – Can your children work out the missing measurements of these cubes and cuboids?
- Three ‘Order the Capacities’ Resources – A simple set of illustrations showing different containers. Can your children cut and stick them in the correct order?
- One ‘Compare the Capacities’ Activity – Challenge your students to compare the amount of liquid in these containers and use <, > and = to show their answers.
- Twelve Examples of Capacities – A set of posters and cards showing the capacities of regular household items and other objects.
- Three ‘Match the Capacities’ Activities – Can your students match the pictures to their capacities?
- Two ‘Order the Capacity Measurements’ Pages – Can your children put these measurements in order of size? Available at two different levels of difficulty.
- Four ‘Reading Scales’ Tasks – A selection of measuring cylinders filled at different capacities. Can your children read the scales?
- Forty Volume and Capacity Challenge Cards – A set of challenge questions based on different aspects of volume and capacity (with answers).
- Two Reference Posters – Handy posters that help your children to remember key information about volume and capacity. Print them back to back to make a reference mat too!
- Three Sets of ‘Cube and Cuboid’ Paper – These printable paper templates are full of squares and triangles to help you draw cubes and cuboids easily.
- Five Banners – A collection of display banners to decorate your learning environment!
- Two Sets of Bunting – Hang this bunting in your classroom when you are learning about volume and capacity.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Already a member? Log In
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
A very well-made pack, full of useful resources. This will be a great help in teaching a tricky topic. Good work!
This is another great pack, thank you very much, the resources are beautifully presented and well laid out. I struggled to find good resources in ml for this topic last year for my class with SEN. You are an excellent help to myself and other teachers. Thanks again