Improve your children’s comprehension skills with our comprehensive challenge pack! It includes a huge collection of differentiated comprehension tasks, covering a wide range of subject and topic areas!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources as soon as they are available!
- Twenty Mini Comprehensions – A set of comprehension challenges for younger / lower ability readers. Each challenge includes a picture, a short piece of text and three related questions. These are available with blank answer spaces and multiple choice options.
- Twenty ‘Identify, Describe and Infer’ Challenges – A set of comprehension resources that ask your children to examine images carefully. Each image is accompanied by questions that ask students to identify aspects of it, describe different parts and infer information about it.
- Ten ‘Reach for the Stars’ Challenges – How many stars will your children earn by answering these comprehension questions?
- Thirteen Country Comprehensions – A collection of fact files about different countries with matching comprehension questions, many of which are available at different levels of difficulty.
- Five Reverse Comprehensions – The answers to these comprehension challenges are already completed! Can your children use this information and work backwards to create the texts that they are based upon?
- Four Video Comprehensions – Collections of comprehension questions based on short videos. Watch the mini movies with your children (or let them watch independently on mobile devices / laptops) and review their understanding by answering the accompanying questions.
- Four Poetry Comprehensions – Sets of comprehension questions based on poems.
- Twenty-Four Myth and Legend Comprehensions – Examples of myths and legends with accompanying comprehension questions.
- Nineteen Additional Comprehension Challenges – A varied collection of texts and accompanying comprehension questions, many of which are available at a number of difficulty levels.
- One Overview Sheet – An Excel spreadsheet that lists all of the comprehension resources available in this pack. Use it to keep a record of the ones that you have used in your classroom, or for recording your children’s scores. This is only available for members of Teaching Packs Plus.
We are currently making this pack. Come back soon to see what’s new!
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
Submit your review
Activities reach for the stars looks fab but can only download first one and can't seem to download country comprehensions or additional comprehension . Would love to download the rest as looks great!
Hi Natasha. Thanks for your review. If the download links stop working please just refresh the page and you will be able to download the files again. This is simply a security measure that deactivates the download links if you have been looking at the same page for more than 30 minutes. Reloading the page will reactivate them again for you 🙂 Mark