Teach your children about electricity with this fantastic pack of resources. Includes a comprehensive topic guide, vocabulary labels, circuit symbols and diagrams, display posters, activity resources and more!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One 10 Page Electricity Guide – A PDF / Powerpoint guide that can be used to introduce your children to different aspects of electricity. Learn about mains electricity, batteries, electrical safety, conductors, insulators, circuits, static electricity and more!
- One Electricity Glossary – An editable list of electricity words with matching definitions. Use this as a reference resource with your children or delete the definitions and ask them to write their own!
- Thirty-Two Electricity Vocabulary Labels – A set of labels that include definitions and images of different electricity vocabulary.
- Two ‘Electric or Not?’ Resources – Can your children identify if these twenty different items use electricity or not? Available as a set of cards to sort / discuss and as an independent activity sheet.
- Two Sets of ‘Circuit Symbols’ Resources – Posters and cards that show a selection of common symbols that are used in circuit diagrams.
- Twelve ‘Circuit Testing’ Diagrams – A set of diagrams that show different circuits. Can your children predict if the bulb will light in each circuit? You could also ask them to create the circuits using practical equipment to test them.
- Three ‘Spot the Dangers’ Resources – Can your children identify the electrical safety hazards in these twelve images? Available as a set of large posters (for classroom display boards), cards (for independent / group discussions) and an activity sheet.
- Six Electrical Safety Poster Templates – A set of templates that your children can use to create their own electrical safety posters. Available in six different styles (blank, boxes, lined and more)!
- Three ‘Conductor or Insulator?’ Resources – Test your children’s knowledge of electrical conductors and insulators with this activity sheet. The images are also available as a set of posters and smaller cards.
- One Set of Electricity Bunting – Electricity themed bunting to hang in your learning environment!
- Two Electricity Banners – Decorate your display boards with these ‘Electricity’ and ‘Circuits’ banners!
Watch the video below to view samples of resources from the Electricity Mini Pack.
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Submit your review
Everything you need for the Y6 science topic.
This really well designed pack offers you the teacher usable resources to cover this science topic.
The pack has been designed to create specific lessons to cover: building a circuit, circuitry testing, conductors and insulators, safety poster design, dangers of using electricity, batteries and mains power and how they are used and how electricity is found in all animals. The pack boast power points, pdf documents, printable topic banners for your science board and tonnes of learning materials for your children to explore.
I love the mini packs as they reduce my planning time and help me create lessons that I know children will enjoy. They also come with the added bonus of instant printable displays (banners, images, word banks and bunting) so you can quickly change your topic boards.
Another well deserved 5 stars.
P.S. If your using very technical pre-written plans (you know the ones I'm talking about) with boring images and even more boring sheets of questions and facts, and then you find yourself losing 2 hours on a Sunday afternoon adapting those plans... take a look at the free downloads available from Teaching Packs. The thing I love most about these resources is they allow me to teach interesting lessons that I can plan quickly, simply and with printable resources that encourage the children to talk, explore and think.
This pack has high quality visual aids suitable for a a wide age group - this is something that takes me a long time if starting from scratch to create and Teaching Packs really help me maintain a good work/life balance. I find all the resources relevant (yet adaptable if needed) plus well matched to the children's learning outcomes.
Another comprehensive Mini Pack. Everything I need to cover electricity in a Primary setting. Designing and discussing circuits on paper and learning about safety before testing them out with actual components.
Thank you Teaching Packs.