Enhance your children's newspaper report writing skills with this fantastic collection of teaching, activity and display resources! Includes a comprehensive guide, planning templates, writing checklists, examples of newspaper reports and more!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One Seventeen Page Newspaper Reports Guide - A bumper guide to newspaper reports that you can share on a large display or print for independent and group activities or display purposes. Includes information about the contents of a newspaper, headlines, features, facts and opinions, direct and reported speech, evidence and sources, captions, editing and more!
- Two 'Newspaper Features' Posters - A handy reference poster (or table mat) that shows the different features of a newspaper. Available in two versions for children of different ages / abilities.
- Eight Examples of Newspaper Reports - A number of differentiated texts that show examples of newspaper reports. Can your children identify the features and / or suggest improvements?
- Five Planning Templates - Five templates that your children can use to plan their newspaper reports.
- Fifty Newspaper Templates with Images - Can your children write the headline, caption and article for each one? Also includes a blank template without an image so that your children can add their own.
- Fifty Newspaper Templates with Headlines - Challenge your children to write the article and add an image / caption for each one. Also includes a blank version on which you can write your own headline.
- One HUGE Headlines Resource - Fifty different headlines that your children can use as a prompt for their own newspaper articles.
- Ten Pages of 'Create a Caption' Resources - After teaching your children about captions, ask them to create captions for the images in this downloadable resource.
- Three Newspaper Reports Checklists - A set of differentiated checklists that your children can use when they are writing their own newspaper reports.
- Ten Pages of Newspaper Vocabulary Labels - A bumper collection of labels showing words, definitions and images for a selection of newspaper-themed vocabulary!
- Six Display Banners - Eye-catching banners to add to your 'newspaper reports' display boards.
Click on the thumbnails below to view samples of resources from The Newspaper Reports Pack.
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
Just starting this topic and found sourcing appropriate materials a real issue, for the immersion phase of writing. This pack is great. Thank you