Celebrate the World Cup with your children by exploring our collection of teaching, activity and display resources together! It includes a Powerpoint topic guide, fact files about Russia (with related comprehension questions), statistics about the countries taking part and much more!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
In this Teaching Pack...
- One 10 Page World Cup Guide - A ten page guide that you can use to teach your children all about the World Cup in 2018! It includes information about the location of the event, the preliminary competition, the order of the games, prizes and awards, World Cup history and the future of the competition!
- Two Russia Fact Files - Help your children learn about the host country of World Cup 2018 with our fact file. Two different versions are available at different levels of reading difficulty.
- Two Sets of Russia Fact File Questions - Questions that test your children's understanding of the information on the Russia Fact Files.
- Eighteen Soccer Sentences - Football themed sentences that your children need to improve. Can they add extra information, complete the unfinished sentences and add the missing punctuation?
- Sixty Four World Cup Country Cards - A set of cards that give information about the countries taking part in Russia 2018. Use them to play a 'Top Trumps' style game or as a reference resource when your children are learning about the countries. Available at two different levels of difficulty.
- One 'World Cup Country Statistics' Spreadsheet - A spreadsheet that is bursting with information and statistics about the thirty-two countries playing in the World Cup 2018 (for Teaching Packs Plus members only)
- Ten World Cup Writing Prompts - Ask your children to create a range of football-themed writing with our picture prompts. Includes prompts based on narrative writing, biographies, newspaper reports, poetry and more.
- Ten World Cup Puzzling Pictures - A set of ten football-themed images with questions to challenge your children's thinking. Great for developing children's inference skills!
- Thirty-Two World Cup Fact Cards - A collection of facts about football and the World Cup. Use them on a classroom display board or as the starting point for further research about the event! A set of matching questions are also available.
- Four Player Profiles - Writing templates that your children can use to write a profile of a World Cup player. Available in four different styles.
- Thirty-Two World Cup Maths Challenges - A set of challenge cards that show questions related to the World Cup. Also includes an answer sheet on which your children can record their answers.
- One World Cup Wordsearch - Can your children find all 32 participating countries in this World Cup wordsearch?
- One World Cup Crossword - Review your children's understanding of football-themed vocabulary with this crossword!
- Two Sets of World Cup Bunting - Hang our 'World Cup' themed bunting in your classroom to celebrate the event!
- Two World Cup Banners - Banners to decorate the 'World Cup' displays in your classroom!
Watch the video below to view samples of resources from the World Cup Pack.
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
Submit your review
Used this with a boy heavy class in June as final topic of the year. Everyone really enjoyed each of the activities which also doubled over as our end of year check ups for some children.
I used the world cup pack with my class of soccer mad pupils. They enjoyed all the activities and did not realise how much they learned. They loved the player profile and fact cards as they spend a lot of time discussing their favourite player. The world cup fact cards had them enthralled. i will use the template for Russia again when doing project work on other countries. It also lead to great integration. We then drew flags of each country, put them in groups and recorded goals scored, worked out averages etc. At this stage some of our countries are going home so we remove them from display, children can then see how next round will work. A great resource to have for the end of the year. Thanks
Hi guys, pat yourselves on the back!!
I found this mini pack so useful.
The children found the crossword challenging but great for vocab for those who knew little or nothing about football-We had great discussions with the knowledgable boys taking the lead.
The word search was challenging and engaging as they all wanted to make sure they found all the countries-we then got to colour the circled country names-great fun.
The information sheet on Russia made a great basis for a mixed ability team challenge - some repeated questions though.
This would make a great template for other countries as the vocabulary range was excellent and well suited to my fourth class-presented some great teaching/learning vignettes and I think it would be great to do in this format with other countries next year in geography lesson, as a change from project style approaches.
We also set up a sweepstake as an exercise, although we won't see it fully played out as we finish on June 27th.
The maths challenges were particularly interesting as I got a sneaky taster on percentages done - not required until next year but hey, make hay while the sun shines, also the notion of billions was new to them but they adapted quite well to the challenges. They were beautifully written as the children had to think and follow our RUDE system to crack them. They love a challenge and were totally absorbed for 2 hours on Wednesday and 2 more on Thursday.
One last point, the opportunity for integration was super as I got oral language, research, geography, teamwork and maths rolled into one. Thank you all very much, and keep rolling out those wonderful mini packs.
As today is an end-of-term day, I thought it would be nice to teach a one-off lesson on the World Cup, just starting. We read through the Guide, and then we got into groups and did a carousel of activities.
The Guide was very interesting, especially the maps and fun facts. Many of the children enjoyed the crosswords and wordsearches. The maths challenges couldn't really be explored in the time we had, but I can see how they would make a terrific maths lesson in their own right!
A very useful pack. Well done!
My son loves to do word searches and crosswords and he is thrilled the there is a World Cup one! This will also encourage my 7 year old to enjoy word searches :).
I will work on this pack next two weeks. It will really help, because, as everybody knows, Brazilian people loves football and so my students.
Thank you so much.
Thank you for this just what I needed, we are holding a sweepstake, the powerpoint is a great introduction and will use the top trumps for learning about the countries
I don't take much interest in football myself, but a lot of my students will really enjoy this pack!
As for me, I really like these maths word problems, and the Top Trumps cards look fun, and I love those inspirational photos for children to write about, and a very nice differentiated comprehension exercise on Russia (have you thought of cross-posting that to the Comprehension Pack, to go with the France one?)
Great job! Well done, Mark and Helen!
Can't wait to use these with my class of football mad boys! They will LOVE this! Thanks so much Mark