Help your children learn about solids, liquids and gases with this comprehensive resource pack. It includes a PDF and Powerpoint topic guide for whole class teaching and independent reference, activity resources to help your children sort and group states of matter, display resources to enhance your learning environment and much more!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One Solids, Liquids and Gases Guide – A PDF / Powerpoint guide to solids, liquids and gases. Use it on a large display as a whole class teaching tool or print it for independent / group reading, reference and research!
- One Solids, Liquids and Gases Glossary – An editable list of words linked to the topic with matching definitions. Use this as a reference resource during Science lessons or delete the definitions and ask your children to write their own!
- Seven Pages of Solids, Liquids and Gases Vocabulary Labels – A set of labels to use as a discussion or display resource. Each label includes a word linked to the topic, a definition and a matching image.
- One Sort the States Activity – Can your children group these materials according to their state of matter? Includes thirty photos and templates on which to organise the solids, liquids and gases.
- Thirty Materials Photo Cards – A set of cards showing pictures of different objects. Use them as the starting point for discussions about materials and states of matter. Can your children sort them into groups and find similarities / differences between the items?
- One Changing States Poster – A helpful poster that shows how solids can change into liquids and gases (and vice versa). Two differentiated activity sheets are also included, challenging your children to write the correct vocabulary in the correct places on the poster.
- One Set of Solids, Liquids and Gases Follow Me Cards – Cut out these cards, jumble them up and share them amongst the children in your class. Ask one child to read out their question and then see who has the answer! That child then reads out their question and so on, until all 32 questions have been answered.
- Four Sets of Bunting – Eye catching bunting to add to your Science displays!
- One Solids, Liquids and Gases Banner – A display banner to use as part of your Science display boards.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
I am newly appointed Head of Department for middle school science and we have also introduced a new curriculum this year. We are upgrading our focus on skills building and vertical alignment into secondary. These packs are fabulous, and make wonderful bright displays. Invaluable for building a new syllabus where we are building an up to date bank of resources!!
I have just recently subscribed to the teaching packs and I am amazed by the amount of information that has been put into this mini-pack together with the wonderful illustrations, labels, glossary and power-point presentations. The materials will surely enthral students and help them remember and retain the concepts that they are learning. Thanks for the resource and hope to see many more such wonderful packs.
This Minipack is loaded with top quality material. The information is colourful and accurate and pitched at a perfect level for primary school kids. The information is presented beautifully and the children really love learning these topics. Resources like these make teachers' lives so much easier! Brilliant!
Colourful posters with great explanations of each state of matter. Made a display using posters from pack and photos of students completing experiments related to topic. Looked great on the back wall.
Fantastic resource. Covers all the parts of curriculum. The posters are colourful and engaging and filled with relevant information. Thank you
Only got another week to go of my topic but I will still use this - especially the follow me cards (is the answer for a solid that will pour - ice - I was thinking of super cooled water when you pour it out?). Very colourful and straight forward. Another great pack.
Hi Emma. Thanks for your review! Salt is the name of the solid that can be poured in the Follow Me cards. The questions and answers should follow from left to right and top to bottom.