Celebrate Shrove Tuesday with our Pancake Day resource pack! It includes a topic guide, recipe activities, printable tasks and display materials for your classroom.
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One 8 Page Pancake Day Guide – Learn about the history and traditions of pancake day with our PDF and PowerPoint guides!
- One Pancake Recipe – A simple recipe that you can follow to make your own delicious pancakes!
- Eight Pancake Recipe Posters – A set of posters showing each step in a pancake recipe.
- One Set of Pancake Recipe Matching Cards – Cut out the images, steps and instructions. Then put them together in the correct order to create your pancake recipe!
- One Jumbled Pancake Recipe Activity – Cut out the steps in this pancake recipe and put them back into the correct order!
- One Blank Pancake Recipe Activity – A set of images showing the different steps in a pancake recipe. Can your children write the instructions for each step?
- Three ‘My Pancake Recipe’ Templates – A set of writing templates that your children can use to record their own pancake recipes.
- Eight Pancake Writing Prompts – A selection of writing ideas (in a variety of genres) based on unusual pancake-themed images!
- Seven Pancake Picture Word Banks – Can your children make lists of nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs linked to these images and then use them to write a related sentence or paragraph?
- Three ‘Pancake Day Acrostics’ Sheets – A set of templates that can be used to write an acrostic poem about pancake day!
- One ‘Pancake Anagrams’ Activity – Can your children work out the pancake-themed vocabulary with these anagrams?
- Four ‘Count the Pancakes’ Sheets – A simple counting activity to use around pancake day!
- Four Pancake Addition Sheets – A simple set of addition challenges. Can your children add the pancakes in each row?
- Three Pancake Subtraction Activities – Ask your children to subtract the pancake ingredients in these Maths sheets.
- Four ‘More Than and Less Than’ Sheets – Can your children work out one, two, five and ten more / less than the numbers shown on these pancake-themed Maths challenges?
- Ten Pancake Colouring Pages – A set of colouring pages based on this topic, available at different levels of complexity.
- Two Pancake Word Searches – Differentiated word searches based on pancakes!
- One Set of Pancake Vocabulary Labels – A set of labels showing words linked to this topic. Use them as the starting point for discussions and activities, or on your classroom display boards!
- Two Display Banners – Eye-catching banners to add to your display boards around pancake day.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
For any parent or teacher wanting to celebrate Pancake Day, this is just the ticket! Everything you might need is covered here, including beautiful displays, fun activities, English and maths for little learners, and a lovely recipe.