Help your children to explore the wonders of space with our enormous teaching resource pack! It’s filled with child-friendly reference materials, eye-catching display posters and a wide range of activity resources.
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One Fifty-Three Page Space Book – A child-friendly guide to space with clear text and eye-catching illustrations. Use the pages for independent research, shared reading activities and whole class teaching. Also includes a huge glossary.
- Two Space Word Mats – Handy word mats showing a range of space vocabulary. Fantastic reference resources for your children!
- One Enormous Space Exploration Timeline – Make a timeline on your classroom walls using our printable event cards. Includes fifty of the main events related to space discovery and exploration. A smaller set of cards is also available, which can be used for sorting / reference activities.
- Twenty-Four High Quality Space Images – A printable pack of photos / illustrations of planets, space shuttles, astronauts and more. Use them for discussion, research and on your classroom displays!
- Twelve Space Writing Prompts – Inspiring images that your children can use as the starting point for some space-themed writing.
- One ‘Size of the Planets’ Resource – A handy chart that helps children to compare the sizes of the planets in the Solar System.
- One Ordering the Planets Activity – Challenge your students to think of some mnemonics to help them remember the correct order of the planets.
- One ‘Mass of the Solar System’ Activity – Help your children to think about the mass of the objects in the Solar System with this simple activity!
- One Set of Follow Me Cards – Give a card (or two) to each child in your class. Ask one of the children to read out their space-themed question. The person with the correct answer reads it out and then reads their question. Continue like this until all thirty-two questions have been answered correctly!
- One True or False Activity – A set of thirty-two statements about space… but which are true and which are false? Includes answers for teachers and self-checking.
- Two ISS Comprehension Activities – Two differentiated texts describing the ISS (International Space Station), with sets of related questions to answer.
- One Space Crossword – Review your children’s knowledge of space vocabulary with our handy crossword (includes answers!).
- Two Space Wordsearches – Challenge your children to find different space words in our two printable wordsearches.
- Six Display Resources – Decorate your classroom with our posters, banners and eye-catching images!
Watch the video below to view samples of resources from the Space Pack.
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Submit your review
What a fantastic package. My daughter (home educated) wanted to find out more about space and this pack gave a brilliant starting point. We found the pictures of each planet a real talking point, comparing each planet and it’s differences. Thank you so much we love this website!
Although I work with two secondary age pupils, they both struggle with different aspects of literacy and numeracy. It is so important that we can provide as many learning opportunities as we can to cover the 'same' thing. Over-learning is a dreadful word but for young people with specific learning difficulties it is a necessity. However, it doesn't have to be boring. Packs, like this one, offer a number of learning opportunities presented in different formats so that pupils can 'transfer' their skills - and if you can transfer skills to different contexts / situations then learning has taken place! The fact that they are colourful, attractive, well illustrated and not too much text on a page fulfils so many requirements for quality first teaching, especially children with SEND. Keep up the good work! However, are there any plans to design packs to tackle more aspects of the curriculum for older children?
Thanks for your wonderful comments Joy! We would love to cover more of the curriculum for older children in the future, but there are still areas of the primary curriculum that we want to create resources for first.
As a home educator we usually work on a topic for three to four weeks using the topic across all our lessons presently we are starting week five and my son is still engaged with his lessons and we have at least two weeks work ahead. As always the pack is set up to encourage children. I have found many useful resources on this site and I would recommend both this pack and the site in general. This resource in particular has given us many interesting facts to start our discussions with and it can be used by anyone across a variety of different subjects. Superb resource as always.
Am currently using this resource with My P6 class. Great ideas and lots to prompt discussions. Will use again and again.
I have used this resource both in school and in Summer Scheme. It gave a lot of interesting facts which were easy to find and use. The worksheets are varied and well produced.
All round a great pack and I would highly recommend it.
We used these resources to set up our own “Space station” with rotational activities that inspired the kids no end. I love the colourful, modern images used in the display posters.
I home school my children, I also foster care. It can be really tricky to find things with give my own children enough information as well as making sure the children in my care do not feel left out when they come home. This is where teaching packs are great. You can just grab and go, saving time. There is lots of detailed information I can go over with my home schooled children through the day, then fun activities we can do as a family in the evening to support everyone's understanding. The space pack went down a real treat with everyone.
A real hit with our Years 5 and 6. Great info and activities in this pack.
I have just downloaded yet another amazing pack from Teaching Ideas! I already have a significant number of teaching resources for this lesson, so was just looking to see if they could be complemented. Once again, as with so many of the packs, I have totally 'upgraded' my resources and will be moving my present ones on to support our local Home Education group! What is impressive in ALL of the packs, is the extremely high standard of illustrations and the exciting, child friendly organisation of resources. The Space Guide, will, once more, provide an invaluable introduction to the topic. Thank you once more for your wonderful creativity, Mark and Helen!
I have used this both at school and at scouts! Very useful resources!