Use our natural disasters resources to teach your children about volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, floods and more. This pack includes a topic guide, a variety of activity resources and plenty of display materials for your learning environment!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
Already a member? Log In
- One 17 Page Natural Disasters Guide – A comprehensive guide that includes information about tectonic plates, volcanoes, earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, floods, wildfires, human aid and much more.
- Three Sets of Comprehension Tasks – A set of texts about natural disasters with matching comprehension questions (and answers).
- Eight Pages of Vocabulary Labels – A collection of display labels that show the definitions of words related to this topic (and matching photos / diagrams).
- One Vocabulary Match Activity – Can your children match the words to their definitions?
- Five ‘Misspelling Spotter’ Activities – Challenge your children to find the spelling mistakes in these five texts about natural disasters!
- Three Sets of Statistics Activities – Questions based on data about natural disasters around the world.
- One 20 Page Image Pack – Use these pictures on your display boards or as the starting point for discussions about this topic.
- Twenty Picture Word Banks – Ask your students to look at the images, think of words to describe them and then put their words into sentences or paragraphs.
- Twenty-Four Story Starters – Ask your children to use these image prompts as the starting point for their own creative writing!
- Ten Colouring Pages – A collection of illustrations related to this topic that could be used for a variety of art activities.
- One Natural Disasters Word Search – Can your children find these topic words in this cyclone themed word search?
- Six Sets of Page Borders – A collection of drawing and writing templates (with plain, lined and handwriting paper) linked to this topic.
- Five Sets of Bunting – Bunting to hang in your learning environment!
- Ten Banners – A collection of banners to add to your display boards when your children are learning about natural disasters.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Already a member? Log In
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Hitting so many curricular areas; lots of scope for differentiation/TLP (Talking/Listening/Learning Partners) Activities and, as for the photographs, amazing!! I am so very much looking forward to working with my Class on this Topic. Again, merci beaucoup!
This is just terrific. For anyone who is teaching a topic on natural disasters - or a topic that touches on it (volcanoes, for example, or floods) this Pack has got you covered. It has everything you need, and they're all top-quality. As well as the essentials - what are these disasters, how do they work, where do they happen, history and geography, etc. - there are also terrific resources for maths, writing, display, page borders and comprehension! I think my favourite is the lovely Word Banks. Terrific work!