Explore the topic of deserts with our comprehensive teaching pack! It includes a Powerpoint overview, a video guide, differentiated activity resources and printable display materials!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One 14 Page Deserts Guide – Learn about deserts of the world, desertification, people of the desert, plant and animal adaptations, and much more with our PDF / Powerpoint guide!
- One Deserts Video Guide – Watch this handy video introduction to deserts and use it as the starting point for learning about the topic.
- Three Sets of Deserts Comprehension Questions – A collection of texts about deserts, with differentiated comprehension questions.
- Two Deserts Vocabulary Match Activities – Can your children match the desert-themed words to their definitions?
- Two ‘Desert Lists’ Sheets – Challenge your children to use their knowledge of deserts to complete these lists. This could be used as an assessment resource at the beginning and / or end of your topic.
- One Deserts Map Activity – Can your children use the clues provided to find the locations of ten different deserts on this map?
- Twenty Deserts ‘Picture Word Banks’ – Take a look at the pictures on these activity sheets and make lists of nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs that could be used to describe them. Can your children then use their words to make a sentence (or paragraph) about each one?
- Ten Deserts Story Starters – A set of inspiring images and writing prompts that your children can use as the starting point for different types of writing.
- Nine ‘Adaptations’ Posters and Sheets – A set of posters and accompanying activity sheets that explore how different animals and plants are adapted to living in desert environments. Read the information on the posters and then describe the adaptations on the worksheets.
- One Desert Animals Matching Activity – Can your children match the names of the animals to their photos and descriptions?
- One Deserts Plant Matching Activity – A matching task that challenges children to match the photos, descriptions and names of different desert plants.
- One 30 Page Desert Animals Image Pack – A set of posters that show animals living in deserts around the world.
- One 20 Page Desert Plants Image Pack – Look at these photographs to find out about plants that live in a desert habitat.
- Twenty Deserts Colouring Pages – Pictures of desert scenes, animals and plants that your children can decorate using different materials.
- One Deserts Word Search – Challenge your children to find the topic vocabulary in this word search!
- One Set of Page Borders – A set of portrait and landscape page templates, with a desert image border, that your children can use for different writing and drawing activities.
- One Set of Bunting – Hang this bunting when your children are learning about deserts!
- Three Display Banners – A collection of banners to add to your desert-themed display boards!
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
This Pack goes very well with others - the Rivers Pack, Oceans and Rainforests Pack, making a good set for teaching geography! The pictures and displays are first class, lots of interesting information and activities, and another lovely video. My little son, aged eight, watched it four times.