Find out about food chains with this comprehensive pack of resources! Share our topic guide with your children, use our printable activity resources together and enhance your learning environment with the display materials!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One 10 Page Food Chains Guide – Learn about food chains with our PDF / Powerpoint topic guide. It includes information about habitats, producers, consumers, prey, predators and more!
- Seven Pages of Vocabulary Labels – A collection of labels that give the definitions of twenty-eight words from this topic. Use them on a display board or for shared reading and reference activities.
- One Food Chains Glossary – An editable glossary of words linked to this topic. Use this as a reference resource in your lessons, edit the text to make a cloze (missing words) activity or delete the definitions and ask your children to write their own!
- Three Food Chains Vocabulary Resources – Cut out the cards and the definitions and ask your children to match them back together again. A number of alternative versions are also included which challenge your children to complete the missing words or write their own definitions.
- Ten Pages of Food Chains Photo Sets – Collections of photos that can be used to create food chains. Add them to your classroom display boards or ask your children to put them into the correct order and make their own food chains. Also includes a set of arrows and labels to link them all together.
- One ‘Make a Food Chain’ Activity – Use the images included in this resource to make a food chain on the template provided… or challenge your children to add their own illustrations.
- One Broken Food Chains Resource – Can your children identify what is wrong with these broken food chains?
- One Food Chains Crossword – Review your children’s knowledge of vocabulary linked to this topic with our crossword.
- One Set of ‘Food Chains’ Bunting – A set of printable bunting to decorate your classroom!
- Two Display Banners – Eye-catching display banners to decorate the display boards in your classroom.
Watch the video below to view samples of resources from the Food Chains Mini Pack.
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
Submit your review
I used this mini pack with a pupil with Special education needs. Pupil loved it. Bright colourful pictures, good templates. Result..a lovely project.
I think this is a great resource for food chains. Would it be possible to have an example of a food web for UKS2 to explain the differences between the two? (eg. that animals may have more than one predator/prey) Many thanks
I love that you have catered for a range of ages and ability levels.I particularly like the photo sets that the children can manipulate, it's a great opportunity to justify their reason for which part of the food chain they think each organism belongs to. The one thing I would like added is a simplified version of the food chain guide for 5-7 year olds.