Explore the rivers of the world with our fantastic mini pack! This includes a full topic guide, glossary of related terms, activity resources and classroom display materials!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
In this Teaching Pack...
- A Ten Page Rivers Guide - A comprehensive guide to rivers. Includes information about the parts of a river, river sources, erosion and deposition, settlements near rivers, pollution, leisure uses and more!
- One Rivers Glossary - A list of words linked to rivers and their definitions. Use this as a reference resource in your classroom or ask your children to make an illustrated dictionary based on the terms included.
- Nine Pages of Rivers Vocabulary Labels - A set of labels with words, images and definitions. These could be used on a classroom display board, for sorting / grouping activities or during class / group discussion work.
- Three River Features Resources - A poster that shows some of the features of a river. Also available as a 'fill in the blanks' resource and a labelling activity.
- A Twenty Page Rivers Image Pack - A huge set of high quality images that you can use to show children the features and uses of rivers. Perfect for use during classroom discussions or as part of your display boards.
- Thirty 'River Facts' Posters - Posters with facts, statistics and information about a range of large and small rivers around the world. These differentiated resources are a great starting point for discussion / comparison and could also be used for statistics activities.
- One Set of Rivers Follow Me Cards - A set of thirty-two cards that each include a question and an answer. Can your class match the questions to the correct answers? This resource can be used as a whole class activity or as an independent / group challenge.
- One 'River Lists' Resource - Challenge your children to use their knowledge of rivers to complete these lists. How many river features can they name? How many famous rivers do they know? This could be used as an assessment resource at the beginning and / or end of your topic.
- One Rivers Banner - A display banner to use as part of your rivers topic!
Watch the video below to view samples of resources from the Rivers Mini Pack.
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
Submit your review
This mini-pack contains vibrant and detailed illustrations very appealing to young (and older) eyes.Students love looking at the word wall options and matching meanings to the illustrations. There is a choice of individual, partner and small group options to cater for learning styles and preferences. Great package thank you!
We study river civilizations. I am so excited about this mini-pack! This pack takes our information source to a deeper level and once again, the graphics are vivid and interesting to the students.