Help your children to read and write poetry with our downloadable teaching pack. Includes a full topic guide, accompanying activity resources and display materials to enhance the learning environment.
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources now!
- A Fourteen Page Topic Guide - Share our comprehensive poetry guide with your class on an interactive whiteboard or print it for shared reading and independent reference! Includes information about the different types of poetry, the features of a poem, rhyming, vocabulary, personification, writing poetry and poetry performances!
- Ten 'Types of Poems' Posters - A set of posters that give information about (and examples of) different types of poetry that your children may encounter.
- One HUGE Poetry Collection - Forty different poems to read, share and enjoy with your children. Includes nursery rhymes, cinquains, limericks, sonnets, alphabet poems, haiku, narrative poetry and more!
- Ten Poems to Perform - A set of poems (which vary in length and reading difficulty) that your children can remember, rehearse and perform to an audience.
- One Set of Poetry Performance Tips - A printable checklist of ideas that children can use to improve their poetry performances!
- Ten Pages of Poetry Vocabulary Labels - A huge set of labels that include definitions for different 'poetry' words, with a related example / image.
- Six Poetry Planning Templates - A variety of templates that children can use to gather ideas for their poems before they begin the writing process.
- Two Poetry Checklists - Checklists that children can refer to as they plan and write their own poems.
- Eight Vocabulary Mats - Collections of nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs that your children can use during their writing. Each set of words is available at two levels of difficulty.
- One Poetry Glossary - A list of words linked to poetry with definitions. A handy reference resource for teachers and children!
- Two Pages of Poetry Questions - A collection of questions that can be used during your discussions about particular poems.
- Ten Pages of Poetry Question Labels - A set of question prompts to add to the poetry displays in your classroom.
- Forty Shape Poem Outlines - A collection of forty outline images that can be used to create your own shape poems.
- Six Pages of Rhyming Words - A collection of fifty jumbled words (available on small and large printable cards). Can your children sort them into groups of rhyming words?
- Four Pages of 'Syllables Sorting' Cards - Challenge your children to sort the jumbled mix of one, two, three, four and five syllable words on these sheets!
- Eighty Poetry Prompts - A set of images that can be used as prompts for your children's poetry writing. Available with narrow and wider lines.
- Eighty Poetry Prompt Planners - A collection of planning templates to help your children record vocabulary and phrases to use in their poetry. Each template is accompanied by one of eighty images.
- Four Display Banners - A set of printable banners to add to your Poetry display boards.
Watch the video below to view samples of resources from the Poetry Pack.
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
Submit your review
The children loved this resource and some of the poetry I got from them was exceptional. The resource allowed me to confidently teach poetry to a level which made experts! Thank you teaching packs! Brilliant stuff!
A great variety of activities and posters in your poetry pack. I can see that some of the files can have multiple uses eg- vocab sheets and placemats will assist students who are low ability- can be differentiated as well. I love the idea of the picture prompts for poetry and then they can be used for various forms of writing. Great job!
This pack is fabulous and has everything I hoped would be in it. Thank you, it was worth waiting for. I especially like the Poetry prompt page which we have enlarged to A3 as a starter... thanks again.
An excellent,comprehensive resource that covers a wide range of poetry devices; vocab, poetry styles, full of great ideas.Thank you both, for supplementing and extending my knowledge.
As we dip in and out of poetry across the year it is great to find a resource that has what I need all in one place and takes away the constant searching on the internet. Lots of valuable time saved. Thank you.
Wow! This was the pack I was always waiting for and I have not been disappointed. The types of poems is especially useful for teaching poetry and getting the children to enjoy it at the same time. This pack has all the resources to not only help in teaching poetry effectively but for display to back up your lessons.Well done Mark and Helen! I love it!