Help your children to learn about the area and perimeter of shapes with our bumper resource pack. Includes a variety of classroom teaching, display and activity resources to introduce the topic to your children and then extend their knowledge and skills!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources as soon as they are ready!
- One Fifteen Page Guide to Area and Perimeter - A comprehensive guide to the topic that you can use for whole class teaching purposes. This editable Powerpoint (and PDF) could also be printed for independent research / reference or for use on your classroom displays.
- Eighty Area and Perimeter Challenges - A huge collection of challenge cards to help your children review their area and perimeter skills!
- Ten 'Calculate the Area' Challenges - Can your children work out the area of these shapes. Includes a variety of shapes (at different levels of difficulty) including rectangles, triangles, compound shapes, parallelograms and more. Answers are also included.
- Twelve 'Calculate the Perimeter' Challenges - Give your children a chance to work out the perimeters of these shapes (including rectangles, triangles and more). Also includes answers for teachers and self-checking.
- Ten 'Calculate the Area and Perimeter' Challenges - Ask your students to work out the area and perimeter of these shapes. Available with different shapes and a variety of difficulty levels, with answers for teachers and self-checking.
- Ten 'Farmer's Field' Investigations - Challenge your children to design new fields for the farmer that have a specific area or perimeter. Ten variations are available (at different levels of difficulty) with squared paper templates to use for working out the solutions.
- Two Playground Plans - Can your children calculate the area and perimeter of each piece of playground equipment? Two different playground plans are included (with squares / rectangles or compound shapes) and a blank version is also available so your children can design their own!
- Five Mechanical Maths Challenges - Ask your pupils to calculate the area and perimeter of each body part on these robots! A blank version is also included so that they can design their own.
- Fifteen 'When do we use Area and Perimeter?' Posters - A set of fifteen posters that give examples of people using area and perimeter outside of the classroom. Can your children think of any more?
- Two Area and Perimeter Posters - Two handy posters to help your children remember the difference between the area and the perimeter of a shape.
- Five Area and Perimeter Display Banners - A set of eye-catching banners to add to the Maths display boards in your classroom.
Click on the thumbnails below to view samples of resources from The Area and Perimeter Pack.
and you can download all of our current and future packs for a year!
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Read our FAQ.
Reviews from our members:
Area and perimeter
Used the perimeter downloads last week with my year 3 class. The playground activity sheet was very well received and they calculated the perimeters with enthusiasm. There is differentiation and extension included in the activities. A good resource pack. Looking forward to using angle resources this week.
Area and perimeter pack
I recently used this pack with my year 5 class to cover area and perimeter. I found it gave me plenty of range of activities to support those who were a little unsure of A & P whilst also offering suitable challenge tasks for those who were ready for them. The clear visual display posters were perfect for our working wall too!
These activities are perfect for a practical and investigative unit on area and perimeter. The ideas were so useful for my split y3/4 class as there were perimeter tasks and challenge cards to stretch y3 while I had teaching time on area with y4. Thankyou, it gave me new ideas for this maths topic and all children enjoyed the tasks.
Delighted with "bonus" of marvellous photos in the Area & Perimeter and Angles Packs! Interesting, creative and real life applications enhance the displays. Many thanks!
Area & Perimeter Review
This is a very useful Pack. I love your characters - so clear - the students also relate to them. The use of a farm and its various characters gives this pack great practical applications. The many activities are very useful. This Pack is useful for Primary and struggling Lower-Middle Secondary classes.
Area and Perimeter Pack
What an inspiring start to the week! I have just downloaded the Area and Perimeter Pack. The illustrations are great fun and transform what can be a confusing area for children into delightful learning! I shall be revising some of the less familiar concepts myself, as I haven't used these since my own school days. With your clear guidelines, I shall now feel confident to teach this complete subject area. Thank you once again, for a delightful source of teaching inspiration!
Area and Perimeter
Just downloaded this pack and it's fantastic. Big, bright colourful graphics with clear explanations. Love it.