The Persuasive Writing Pack offers teaching resources, activity sheets and display materials to help children to develop their persuasive writing skills.
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- Eleven Persuasive Writing Posters – Use these posters as a guide for teaching children about the features of persuasive writing. Display them on your interactive whiteboard or print them for use on a display!
- Four Examples of Persuasive Writing – Different examples of persuasive writing to share with your class. Can they find the persuasive features? Could they improve them?
- Three Persuasive Writing Planners – Templates, at three different levels of differentiation, to help children plan their writing. These can be printed or children could edit them in word processing software.
- Two Persuasive Words and Phrases Resources – A large collection of relevant words and phrases that children can use in their work, printed on word mats and on display labels so you can use them in lots of different ways!
- Two Connectives Resources – A ‘connectives mat’ that children can use to find appropriate connectives for their persuasive writing, along with a collection of labels to put on display.
- Forty-Five Persuasive Situations Resources – Different situations that ask children to think of related persuasive arguments (e.g. Should school uniforms be banned? Should children have to pay to use playground equipment?). These resources are available as posters and activity sheets (with and without lines for children to write on).
- Fifteen Advertising Posters – Challenge your pupils to advertise the images shown on our posters. What words / phrases / slogans would they use to persuade others to buy the items shown? Also available as small cards for individual use.
- Three Writing Checklists – Give children opportunities to review their persuasive writing and their adverts with our handy checklists.
- Three For and Against Signs – Table signs and cards that can be used during class debates to let children show their point of view quickly and easily.
- Four Persuasive Writing / Advertising Banners – Decorate class displays with these eye-catching banners.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
This is an excellent resource to support students as they navigate persuasive writing. The activities are engaging and relevant to students.
I love using this pack in class. Students always enjoy arguing their point before turning it into a piece of writing. The information posters also make for great wall displays and use in lesson.
I have just begun a unit on Persuasive Writing with my Grade Nines. They have not developed mastery of the genre, despite being at this late age. The contents of this pack are easily accessible for them / understood by them and - as always - you have taken the slog work out of the preparation, for which I am grateful.
Thanks ever so much.
I love the writing packs on Teaching Packs. There are so many useful activities which the children really enjoy and it's great to have targets and planning sheets to hand, especially since you can edit them for the needs of your class.
Another excellent resource from Teaching Packs. Really comprehensive, inclusive, bright and interesting. I also love all the tools on teaching packs that I can use, like the timeing tool, jukebox tool, auto cue etc. Thanks again for providing such a time saving resource.
I had started persuasive writing with my class but they were finding it difficult to get into it, After downloading your resource they began to enjoy to enjoy the process and now come up with their own ideas for writing
I am new to Key Stage 2 and just about to embark on teaching persuasive writing. I was looking for quality resources to enhance and support my teaching when I came across this pack. The pack is full of excellent resources and I am looking forward to using them with my class. Thank you for saving me a lot of time on a Sunday!
A brilliant resource which I can differentiate for my group as needed. Thank you!
An excellent pack that I have used with several different year groups.The editable checklists are very useful to help differentiate for more or less able writers.
Has been really helpful for the introduction of persuasive writing. Lots of ideas that I would not have thought of. The children enjoy the variety. Thanks for saving me so much time.