The Persuasive Writing Pack offers teaching resources, activity sheets and display materials to help your children to develop their persuasive writing skills.
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today.
- Eleven Persuasive Writing Posters - Use these posters as a guide for teaching children about the features of persuasive writing. Display them on your interactive whiteboard or print them for use on a display!
- Four Examples of Persuasive Writing - Different examples of persuasive writing to share with your class. Can they find the persuasive features? Could they improve them?
- Three Persuasive Writing Planners - Templates, at three different levels of differentiation, to help children plan their writing. These can be printed or children could edit them in word processing software.
- Two Persuasive Words and Phrases Resources - A large collection of relevant words and phrases that children can use in their work, printed on word mats and on display labels so you can use them in lots of different ways!
- Two Connectives Resources - A 'connectives mat' that children can use to find appropriate connectives for their persuasive writing, along with a collection of labels to put on display.
- Forty-Five Persuasive Situations Resources - Different situations that ask children to think of related persuasive arguments (e.g. Should school uniforms be banned? Should children have to pay to use playground equipment?). These resources are available as posters and activity sheets (with and without lines for children to write on).
- Fifteen Advertising Posters - Challenge your pupils to advertise the images shown on our posters. What words / phrases / slogans would they use to persuade others to buy the items shown? Also available as small cards for individual use.
- Three Writing Checklists - Give children opportunities to review their persuasive writing and their adverts with our handy checklists.
- Three For and Against Signs - Table signs and cards that can be used during class debates to let children show their point of view quickly and easily.
- Four Persuasive Writing / Advertising Banners - Decorate class displays with these eye-catching banners.
Preview the Resources...
Click on the thumbnails below to view samples of resources from The Persuasive Writing Pack:
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
GREAT VISUALS !!
Loved using this ! I used it on both seniors and juniors and having such great visuals help with learning and teaching persuasive writing. The graphical organizers make it way easier for kids to understand
Persuasively Great Pack
Excellent resources for creating helpful display and check sheets for the children to use when writing a letter to persuade their parents to get them a pet. Children said they liked the structured help form the pack. Thanks
I loved this pack 🙂 I have year 3 and found this a great resource for NAPLAN preparation and teaching the persuasive unit. A very well thought out and put together resource.
My year 4 class loved this resource as it enabled them to work independently when annotating different persuasive texts. They found the resources easy to access and enabled them to produce very persuasive speeches for their court case where they battled to put Boggis, Bunce and Bean behind bars. Definitely recommended!
This is an excellent resource for getting the children interested in factual/functual writing..We completed the excellent exercises in the pack..We then discussed local issues e.g dog littering of pathways and wrote real letters to local county councils etc.it really grabbed my 6th classes attention!
Fantastic persuasive writing pack
I love this pack! It grabbed the attention of my Year 4 class but could work well with all of KS2. The writing is very clear and images were very modern and fresh. It hooked them in and helped them progress which is the main thing.
Fantastic Resource Pack
Thank you so much for this fabulous resource pack. I used to find it difficult to source good resources when teaching the topic of persuasive writing. Thanks to Teaching Packs my persuasive writing lessons have been transformed! My students love the topics on the for and against worksheets. The posters are so vibrant and colourful I show them on my interactive whiteboard as well as printing some to display in my classroom. Overall I would strongly recommend this pack! Thanks again!
The Persuasive Writing Pack
Thank you for such a useful pack. The posters are a great reference and the examples are helpful. Students enjoyed the Situations Resource. Thank you for making teaching a lil easier!! It is appreciated.
Clear, user friendly resource
My class are Year 5 and 6 in a school in Hamilton, New Zealand. Their speech topic this term is on a persuasive argument of their choice. I am using the pack and have found the visual posters awesome! They love the topics and have found the picture/argument prompts easy to use. I love the planning sheets, easy to use as a modelling tool. Thank you for providing such a fabulous resource 🙂
I am in my final 2 weeks as an NQT and have used your packs throughout this year. I have found them all useful, but have recently used the Instructions Pack, which proved to be invaluable. Many thanks for your hard work.