The Persuasive Writing Pack offers teaching resources, activity sheets and display materials to help children to develop their persuasive writing skills.
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- Eleven Persuasive Writing Posters - Use these posters as a guide for teaching children about the features of persuasive writing. Display them on your interactive whiteboard or print them for use on a display!
- Four Examples of Persuasive Writing - Different examples of persuasive writing to share with your class. Can they find the persuasive features? Could they improve them?
- Three Persuasive Writing Planners - Templates, at three different levels of differentiation, to help children plan their writing. These can be printed or children could edit them in word processing software.
- Two Persuasive Words and Phrases Resources - A large collection of relevant words and phrases that children can use in their work, printed on word mats and on display labels so you can use them in lots of different ways!
- Two Connectives Resources - A 'connectives mat' that children can use to find appropriate connectives for their persuasive writing, along with a collection of labels to put on display.
- Forty-Five Persuasive Situations Resources - Different situations that ask children to think of related persuasive arguments (e.g. Should school uniforms be banned? Should children have to pay to use playground equipment?). These resources are available as posters and activity sheets (with and without lines for children to write on).
- Fifteen Advertising Posters - Challenge your pupils to advertise the images shown on our posters. What words / phrases / slogans would they use to persuade others to buy the items shown? Also available as small cards for individual use.
- Three Writing Checklists - Give children opportunities to review their persuasive writing and their adverts with our handy checklists.
- Three For and Against Signs - Table signs and cards that can be used during class debates to let children show their point of view quickly and easily.
- Four Persuasive Writing / Advertising Banners - Decorate class displays with these eye-catching banners.
Preview the Resources...
Click on the thumbnails below to view samples of resources from The Persuasive Writing Pack:
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
Submit your review
I had started persuasive writing with my class but they were finding it difficult to get into it, After downloading your resource they began to enjoy to enjoy the process and now come up with their own ideas for writing
I am new to Key Stage 2 and just about to embark on teaching persuasive writing. I was looking for quality resources to enhance and support my teaching when I came across this pack. The pack is full of excellent resources and I am looking forward to using them with my class. Thank you for saving me a lot of time on a Sunday!
A brilliant resource which I can differentiate for my group as needed. Thank you!
An excellent pack that I have used with several different year groups.The editable checklists are very useful to help differentiate for more or less able writers.
Has been really helpful for the introduction of persuasive writing. Lots of ideas that I would not have thought of. The children enjoy the variety. Thanks for saving me so much time.
Loved using this ! I used it on both seniors and juniors and having such great visuals help with learning and teaching persuasive writing. The graphical organizers make it way easier for kids to understand
Excellent resources for creating helpful display and check sheets for the children to use when writing a letter to persuade their parents to get them a pet. Children said they liked the structured help form the pack. Thanks
I loved this pack 🙂 I have year 3 and found this a great resource for NAPLAN preparation and teaching the persuasive unit. A very well thought out and put together resource.
My year 4 class loved this resource as it enabled them to work independently when annotating different persuasive texts. They found the resources easy to access and enabled them to produce very persuasive speeches for their court case where they battled to put Boggis, Bunce and Bean behind bars. Definitely recommended!
This is an excellent resource for getting the children interested in factual/functual writing..We completed the excellent exercises in the pack..We then discussed local issues e.g dog littering of pathways and wrote real letters to local county councils etc.it really grabbed my 6th classes attention!