Tick and Tock are here to help your children tell the time… and understand lots of other time-related concepts. With lots of fantastic teaching, activity and display resources, this pack will help your class and save you time too!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
Already a member? Log In
- One 27 Page PDF guide to Telling the Time – Our characters (Tick, Tock and Digital Dave) appear in this 27 page guide to telling the time. This PDF booklet can be displayed on a large display and used as a whole class teaching tool, printed for use on a classroom display or used by the children for independent reference and research. It covers lots of different concepts related to time, including clocks (analogue and digital), time vocabulary, past / present / future, time zones and timetables. Alternative versions are also available using the spelling ‘analog’.
- One Set of ‘Today is…’ Display Resources – Create your own display telling children the day of the week, the date, month and season with our set of resources.
- One ‘Which Hand is Which?’ Poster – A handy poster to help your children remember which hand is the minute hand and which one is the hour hand.
- One ‘Past and To’ Poster – Help your children to remember the times that are ‘past’ the hour and ‘to’ the hour with this printable poster.
- Four Pages of Printable Analogue Clock Templates – Lots of clock templates (at different sizes) for use in a wide range of classroom activities. You could also laminate them so they can be used again and again!
- Forty-Six Pages of Time Activity Cards – A set of cards showing different times in analogue / digital and word formats. Challenge your children to sort or order them… or use them for a ‘matching pairs’ game. A collection of activity photo cards is also provided… can your children match one of the activities to the time that the activity might take place in the day?
- Fourteen Printable Watch Templates – Printable analogue and digital watch templates, in a variety of styles. Also includes a blank style, so your children can decorate their own!
- Four Pages of TV Guide Problems – A TV guide, with related word problems (using 12 hour and 24 hour time). Includes answers for teachers or for self-checking.
- Four Pages of Train Timetable Problems – Sets of word problems, using 12 hour and 24 hour time, based on a train timetable. Includes answers for teachers or for self-checking.
- One ‘Matching Times’ Resource – Can your students match the times on these cards? A handy resource to help children review conversion of hours and minutes.
- Twenty Pages of Vocabulary Labels – A huge collection of vocabulary labels to show on your classroom displays or as part of discussion activities. Can your children explain what each word means?
- Sixty-Nine Pages of Activity Sheets – Ask your children to read the times on the analogue clocks, convert them into digital format (and back) and calculate time intervals with this printable set of activity sheets (all of which include answers for teachers or for self-checking).
- Five Display Banners – Eye-catching banners to decorate your time displays.
- Eight Cover Pages – A collection of printable cover pages (in A4 / A5 sizes and colour / black and white) that can be used on your own teaching resources folder… or children could use them as a title page for their ‘Time’ topic.
Watch the video below to view samples of resources from the Telling the Time Pack.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Already a member? Log In
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
This pack has been so useful for my year 3 class. Looking at an analogue clock, which they don't see enough. The digital clock resources were great too but it's excellent for the basics for display/working walls too.
Hi, Again another really useful pack that I have used so much out of for my children but I notice in the vocabulary list it is missing 'month'.
Thank you for all your creativity and useful resources.
Hi Viv! Thanks for taking the time to write a lovely review. We have just added 'Month' to the vocabulary labels.
This has a great range of resources for time but I really like the timetable tasks and the what time will it be? These are straightforward and are a great starting place for these subjects - thank you!
A brilliant set of resources to complement my teaching of time and the calendar to my Entry Level KS4 students!
Only thing I would add would be some work on roman numerals also, so we can stretch and challenge the higher ability kids.
Great resource - thank you!
I love this resource - it covers everything in such a colourful, interesting way. It's cool for all ages. Easy to use time and time again. (Did you see what I did there?!)
Thank you for the huge range of resources provided in this pack to teach children the tricky area of telling the time. Pretty much everything you could want is included, which saves an enormous amount of teacher time searching elsewhere and all are presented in a clear, colourful and attractive way. The range of worksheets covers so many learning objectives as well and the supporting resources such as guide sheets and template sheets blank clock faces have all been really useful, and can be used with children of all ages as well.
To improve further, could perhaps do with some resources using Roman Numerals on clock faces, and maybe some that involve converting between the different units of time, but otherwise an incredibly helpful teaching pack.
I love this teaching pack. Bright and clear visuals with an abundance of activities that each resource can be used for. I use the pack with ASD pupils and although the level of some of the tasks in the pack are a little too complex for my pupils, they are easy to adapt and/or be broken down into smaller, more manageable tasks. So glad I subscribed. Value for money and quality resources. Keep up the good work please.
A great resource that I use on a daily basis. The analogue and digital time poster is always on display next to the physical clocks to allow the children independence in learning to read the time.
I have been using this pack with my students for a few months now and I can honestly say it is fantastic. There are plenty of sheets for children to use and enough variety to cover concepts again if needed, but without children repeating the same work. Each idea in teaching time is covered well and children can 'take their time' working through it until the grasp the idea! This pack is a great help. Thank you!
I have used the time pack very successfully with a variety of year groups. The posters, cards and information in the pack are all very easy to use as they are bright, easy to read, a quality learning tool. I printed off and laminated all the cards and posters.Once my unit was completed the laminated cards were left out in my maths area of the classroom for the children to use when they had a spare moment.They are fabulous and I wouldn't be without them.......I love all the hands on....children love being able to use and hold the cards,posters.....much better than sheets or online activities. Thank you Teaching Packs!