Learn about mountains using our fantastic resource pack! Read the topic guide together with your children, challenge them to try our related activity resources and add the display materials to the walls of your classroom!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One 10 Page Mountains Guide – A PDF / Powerpoint guide to mountains. Learn about tectonic plates, different types of mountains (and how they are formed), how plants and animals are adapted to living there, how people use them and more!
- One Mountains Glossary – An editable list of topic vocabulary with definitions! Use it as a reference resource or remove the definitions and ask your children to write their own!
- Ten Pages of Mountains Vocabulary Labels – Printable vocabulary labels that show words linked to mountains with definitions and related images. A fantastic addition to your classroom display boards!
- Eight Mountains Story Starters – A variety of writing prompts, with a mountains theme, to use in your English lessons!
- Fifteen Mountains Picture Word Banks – Challenge your students to think of nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs to describe these amazing images and then use them to create a own sentence, paragraph or story starter!
- Four Seven Summits Maths Challenges – Sets of statistics challenges based on the elevations of the highest mountains of each of the seven continents. Available at two different levels of difficulty, with the data shown in graphs and tables.
- One ‘Map the Mountains’ Activity – Can your children use the clues provided to find the locations of ten mountains and add them to the correct place on the world map? Includes answers for teachers and self-checking.
- Two World Map Templates – Two map templates that your students can use to add mountains and mountain ranges around the world.
- One Mountains Crossword – Review your children’s understanding of their topic vocabulary with this crossword! Answers are included.
- One Mountains Wordsearch – Can your children find the names of different mountains and mountain ranges in this wordsearch?
- One ‘Mountains’ Bunting Set – Eye-catching bunting to hang from your classroom walls.
- One Mountains Banner – A printable banner for your mountain-themed display boards.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
Well, obviously, all us teachers did! Congratulations, this Pack really brings the subject to life. So many great resources across the curriculum for learning about this interesting topic.
I love this pack as our children in year 5 love Geography and looking at different mountains. They have thoroughly enjoyed this topic this year. I know for a fact how amazing this resource will be for next year. I can not wait!
A great resource for those who lack this particular area of knowledge. The guide is a great source of information and the pictures and diagrams are very helpful - for pupils as well as myself. The Maps provided a good task for pupils.