Celebrate black history as part of Black History Month and throughout the rest of the year with our enormous resource pack. It includes information about important people, a timeline of events, comprehension challenges, picture prompts and much more!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
Already a member? Log In
- One 49 Page Black History Guide – Learn about the origins of Black History Month and explore the lives and achievements of a number of black people from different periods of history.
- Sixteen Biographies – Learn about the lives of 15 different people with these biographies.
- Sixteen Sets of Comprehension Questions – Collections of comprehension activities (at different levels of difficulty), based on the biographies available in this pack.
- Ten Biography Activity Sheets – Templates (at different levels of complexity) that your children can use to write about the lives of key figures.
- Three ‘What would you ask?’ Sheets – Differentiated templates on which children can record questions that they would like to ask inspirational people.
- Fifteen Pages of Famous Quotes – A collection of quotes by black people from different periods of history, with a collection of teaching ideas to help you use them in different ways.
- Four Timeline Activities – Challenge your students to add the events in the correct places on this timeline. Blank versions are also available so that you can choose your own events.
- Seventy Black History Timeline Posters – A set of posters showing some of the main events and achievements in black history. Also available as a set of smaller cards.
- Twelve Did you know? Cards – A set of fact cards about black history that can be used on a display or as the starting point for discussions. A set of blank cards is also provided so that your children can add their own facts!
- Twenty-Four Question Prompts – A set of questions that encourage your children to think about black history, racism and other related issues. Available as a list and a collection of printable cards.
- Twenty Picture Prompts – A variety of pictures showing different settings from the past and present. Use these as the starting point for discussion activities or as a writing task.
- One Black History Wordsearch – Can your children find the sixteen names hidden inside this wordsearch?
- Two Sets of Bunting – Sets of bunting to hang in your learning environment.
- Seventeen Banners – Printable display banners, based on black history and the people included in our topic guide.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Already a member? Log In
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
Or rather, set of resources! I particularly love the comprehensions, and the Guide is, as usual, a masterpiece of interesting, beautifully presented information. Especially valuable during these troubled times, when there is so much racial tension.