The Wonderful Words Pack is here to help your children expand their vocabulary… helping them to use a wider range of amazing words in their written and spoken language.
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- Eleven ‘Types of Words’ resources – Help your children to learn about different types of words (including nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, proper nouns, pronouns, conjunctions and connectives) using our printable resources. Includes posters, labels and lots of word lists!
- Three Hundred and Sixty Five ‘Word of the Day’ posters – Introduce a new word to your class every day with our ‘word of the day’ posters. Display them on your interactive whiteboard or use them on a classroom display. Can you challenge your children to use today’s word in their writing?
- Eleven ‘How to Improve Your Vocabulary’ posters – A set of ideas to encourage your children to increase their vocabulary.
- Four ‘How to Describe a Character’ resources – A set of resources to help children describe characters in their writing. Includes two different posters (with different levels of vocabulary) and two printable templates.
- Thirty-Two Synonyms resources – Lots of synonyms (related to different nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs). A great reference resource to help children use a variety of vocabulary in the classroom!
- One Colour Chart and One Colours Display – Give your children a wider selection of colour names to use in their writing with our handy printable chart!
- Three Similes resources – Help your children to learn about similes and give them a range of similes to use in their descriptive writing.
- Three ‘My Wonderful Words’ booklets – Let your children make their own booklets to record their wonderful words.
- Two Display Banners – A set of display banners as part of your vocabulary displays.
- Eight Cover Pages – A collection of printable cover pages (in A4 / A5 sizes and colour / black and white) that can be used on your own teaching resources folder… or children could use them as a title page for their ‘Vocabulary’ topic.
Watch the video below to view samples of resources from the Wonderful Words Pack.
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
Submit your review
This is such a useful resource. I carry the 'Word of the Day' cards to all my sessions. I use them with KS2 and 3 students to play spellings battleships and for sentence practice - sometimes combining them with parts of speech or figurative language cards. Older students pick 3 or more cards at a time and write short stories or texts based on a selected genre. They then practice their skills in critiquing their own, and sometimes my attempt! Thank you so much for this.
So thrilled with the Wonderful words teaching pack. Went through the resource yesterday and started it with my 13-year-old boy yesterday too. We started on the How to Describe your character poster and worksheet. He absolutely loved it and we printed an outline of black panther and he was in his element colouring in his character and describing using help from the poster and the adjectives in the pack too. We are also using the word for the day. Great pack, would reccomend highly, adaptable to any age. Great first day back to Home Ed. ( One happy ASD child)
I think this is a brilliant resource. I love to laminate A3 sheets that the children can write verbs, nouns and adjectives on. This will aid my display and provide children with idea and prompts to what a noun, verb, adjective is. why reinvent the wheel. clear, visual and accessible.
What a delightful idea! I haven't used all the resources in this pack, but I am planning on using them more in the next school year. Two in particular stand out. The Colour Chart was incredibly popular. I started with a game - I'd say a word in English, and then my children would say the word in Chinese. They were fine with "red" and "yellow" and "blue' but then as soon as I said "viridian" or "mustard" or fuschia" they were puzzled. And as soon as I printed out the chart and stuck it on display I started reading about "cinnamon coloured clouds" and "slate-grey eyes" in their writing. Fantastic!
The other one was the Word A Day. What a delightful idea! I printed them off and made an ongoing display of them, which I'm planning on doing properly next year when I have time.
Great work, Mark and Helen!
This pack fits in so well with my focus in Literacy a the moment. The posters are colourful and activities useful. Thanks!
Thank-you for creating such an amazing pack. This has been very helpful to introduce not just adjectives and verbs but also synonyms. My class have loved learning a new word a day using the word of the day posters and then trying to incorporate the word into their writing.
Thank-you for all the work you do.
Have found this pack very useful when running intervention groups.
Absolutely fantastic at prompting creative vocabulary from the class! Really makes them think about what they are writing!
Downloaded this pack recently, it has been perfect for our poetry unit. The adjectives and similes resources have been great for support for students when they are not working with me directly. They synonyms word banks are great to stretch and grow students' vocabulary.
This pack is brilliant. I laminated and cut up the 365 words and put them in a word box. We now have a word of the day. Children take turns to pick a word and explain meaning. If they don't know the word they can read the explanation and sentence. Such a great way to increase their vocabulary. A very useful pack and saved me so much time. Highly recommend downloading this pack!