The Wonderful Words Pack is here to help your children expand their vocabulary... helping them to use a wider range of amazing words in their written and spoken language.
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- Eleven 'Types of Words' resources - Help your children to learn about different types of words (including nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, proper nouns, pronouns, conjunctions and connectives) using our printable resources. Includes posters, labels and lots of word lists!
- Three Hundred and Sixty Five 'Word of the Day' posters - Introduce a new word to your class every day with our 'word of the day' posters. Display them on your interactive whiteboard or use them on a classroom display. Can you challenge your children to use today's word in their writing?
- Eleven 'How to Improve Your Vocabulary' posters - A set of ideas to encourage your children to increase their vocabulary.
- Four 'How to Describe a Character' resources - A set of resources to help children describe characters in their writing. Includes two different posters (with different levels of vocabulary) and two printable templates.
- Thirty-Two Synonyms resources - Lots of synonyms (related to different nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs). A great reference resource to help children use a variety of vocabulary in the classroom!
- One Colour Chart and One Colours Display - Give your children a wider selection of colour names to use in their writing with our handy printable chart!
- Three Similes resources - Help your children to learn about similes and give them a range of similes to use in their descriptive writing.
- Three 'My Wonderful Words' booklets - Let your children make their own booklets to record their wonderful words.
- Two Display Banners - A set of display banners as part of your vocabulary displays.
- Eight Cover Pages - A collection of printable cover pages (in A4 / A5 sizes and colour / black and white) that can be used on your own teaching resources folder… or children could use them as a title page for their ‘Vocabulary’ topic.
Preview the Resources...
Click on the thumbnails below to view samples of resources from The Wonderful Words Pack.
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
Submit your review
Thank-you for creating such an amazing pack. This has been very helpful to introduce not just adjectives and verbs but also synonyms. My class have loved learning a new word a day using the word of the day posters and then trying to incorporate the word into their writing.Thank-you for all the work you do.
Have found this pack very useful when running intervention groups.
Absolutely fantastic at prompting creative vocabulary from the class! Really makes them think about what they are writing!
Downloaded this pack recently, it has been perfect for our poetry unit. The adjectives and similes resources have been great for support for students when they are not working with me directly. They synonyms word banks are great to stretch and grow students' vocabulary.
This pack is brilliant. I laminated and cut up the 365 words and put them in a word box. We now have a word of the day. Children take turns to pick a word and explain meaning. If they don't know the word they can read the explanation and sentence. Such a great way to increase their vocabulary. A very useful pack and saved me so much time. Highly recommend downloading this pack!
Loved using this pack with my class last year. Some fantastic new ideas to invigorate a love for learning new words and searching for better vocab. Thanks!
This is a fabulous resource that has been so useful for my students. I have laminated all of the sheets and made a word wall with them, where the students can go to for their writing. I have noticed an improvement in the better use of a varied vocabulary in their writing. Thank you Teaching Packs?
Absolutely love this such a great time saver. Great ideas and all the resources to match. Working in a school with very low budgets this is a great way for me to give my kids what they need!!
This pack is so good it has helped with sentence structure and the understanding of adjectives etc. I think this resource will be well used. Thank you.
Thank you for saving me time. I am saving like crazy and the laminator doesn't know what has hit it. I work in a school where most of our children speak English as a Second Language as ell as Indigenous students- when printed on A3- the student utilise the visuals. This pack I hope will enhance their spelling and vocab even further. A big thank you from Canley Heights in Sydney, Australia. This kit I can also use this in conjuction with a unit on persuasion grade 5 are doing. Wow Wow Wow. Worth the 30 dollars Australian for subscription