Help your children to discover this fascinating topic with our resource pack! It includes a ‘Rocks and Soils’ topic guide, a game to play together, vocabulary resources, a high quality image pack, activity resources, display materials and more!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One 10 Page Rocks and Soils Guide – A guide to the topic that you can use as a whole class teaching resource or print for independent reference and research activities. It is available in PDF and editable Powerpoint formats.
- Nine Pages of Rocks and Soils Vocabulary Labels – A set of labels with definitions and images relating to ‘rocks and soils’ vocabulary. Add them to a classroom display board or use them as the starting point for discussions about your topic words.
- One Rocks and Soils Glossary – An editable collection of words and definitions linked to this topic.
- One Rock Raiders Game – Who will be the first geologist to reach the lapis lazuli in this dice game? 30 questions are included to test your children’s knowledge of this topic!
- One ‘How Do We Use Rocks?’ Activity – A poster that gives information about how people use different types of rocks. Also includes a related matching activity (with answers) to test your children’s understanding of the information.
- Two ‘Geologist’s Notebook’ Templates – Use this handy template when your children are examining different samples of rocks. Can they add their own sketches, measurements and descriptions?
- One 20 Page Rocks and Soils Image Pack – A collection of twenty images that you can show to your children during whole class activities or print for use as a display resource.
- One Rocks and Soils Crossword – Challenge your students to solve the clues and write the answers in this crossword puzzle!
- Three Display Banners – Printable banners to add to the display boards in your classroom.
- Six Sets of Bunting – A variety of bunting styles (with different textures) to hang in your classroom when your children are learning about rocks and soils.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
Thank you, looks like some great activities for my rock mad kid and friends.
What a lovely surprise! It may be only a Mini Pack, but it's got everything you need. The images are crisp and striking and useful, a range of display resources and activities give you plenty to work with, and the activities are fun, differentiated and just what the children need. I especially like the banners and the board game, and the Geologists Handbook is a lovely idea. Great job, Mark and Helen!