Help your children to discover this fascinating topic with our resource pack! It includes a ‘Rocks and Soils’ topic guide, a game to play together, vocabulary resources, a high quality image pack, activity resources, display materials and more!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One 10 Page Rocks and Soils Guide – A guide to the topic that you can use as a whole class teaching resource or print for independent reference and research activities. It is available in PDF and editable Powerpoint formats.
- Nine Pages of Rocks and Soils Vocabulary Labels – A set of labels with definitions and images relating to ‘rocks and soils’ vocabulary. Add them to a classroom display board or use them as the starting point for discussions about your topic words.
- One Rocks and Soils Glossary – An editable collection of words and definitions linked to this topic.
- One Rock Raiders Game – Who will be the first geologist to reach the lapis lazuli in this dice game? 30 questions are included to test your children’s knowledge of this topic!
- One ‘How Do We Use Rocks?’ Activity – A poster that gives information about how people use different types of rocks. Also includes a related matching activity (with answers) to test your children’s understanding of the information.
- Two ‘Geologist’s Notebook’ Templates – Use this handy template when your children are examining different samples of rocks. Can they add their own sketches, measurements and descriptions?
- One 20 Page Rocks and Soils Image Pack – A collection of twenty images that you can show to your children during whole class activities or print for use as a display resource.
- One Rocks and Soils Crossword – Challenge your students to solve the clues and write the answers in this crossword puzzle!
- Three Display Banners – Printable banners to add to the display boards in your classroom.
- Six Sets of Bunting – A variety of bunting styles (with different textures) to hang in your classroom when your children are learning about rocks and soils.
Watch the video below to view samples of resources from the Rocks and Soils Mini Pack.
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
Submit your review
Thank you, looks like some great activities for my rock mad kid and friends.
What a lovely surprise! It may be only a Mini Pack, but it's got everything you need. The images are crisp and striking and useful, a range of display resources and activities give you plenty to work with, and the activities are fun, differentiated and just what the children need. I especially like the banners and the board game, and the Geologists Handbook is a lovely idea. Great job, Mark and Helen!