Learn about the Anglo-Saxon period of history with this resource pack! It includes a child-friendly ebook (with a glossary of related words), a range of activity resources to explore and eye-catching display materials to decorate your learning environment.
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
Already a member? Log In
- One 67 Page Anglo-Saxons eBook – A HUGE guide to the Anglo-Saxons that you can use for shared reading and independent reference / research. It includes information about where the Anglo-Saxons came from, their society and settlements, food and drink, jobs, entertainment, the Bayeux Tapestry and much more! A comprehensive glossary of related words is also included.
- Two Anglo-Saxons Quizzes – Review your children’s knowledge of this topic by using these quizzes. They are available as two printable quiz sheets or as an interactive PowerPoint presentation.
- One Anglo-Saxons Timeline – A set of cards that show the main events from the Anglo-Saxon timeline. Use them on a classroom display, or as part of a sorting / ordering activity!
- One 20 Page Anglo-Saxons Image Pack – A set of posters showing photos and illustrations linked to the topic. Use them as the starting point for classroom discussions and add them to your display boards!
- One Beowulf Comic Strip – A comic strip that retells the story of Beowulf. This is also available in alternative versions without the images and without the text, so that your children can add their own!
- Ten Anglo-Saxon Character Templates – What are these Anglo-Saxons saying? These templates could be used for a range of writing activities, including recounts, diaries and biographies. Available with wide and narrow lines.
- One ‘Anglo-Saxon Kennings’ Resource – Challenge your children to work out the meanings of these Anglo-Saxon kennings!
- Two ‘Anglo-Saxon Runes’ Resources – A display poster and activity sheet that can be used as prompts for using runes to write words, phrases and secret messages!
- Three ‘Design an Anglo-Saxon Helmet’ Templates – A collection of templates (at three different levels of complexity) that your children can use to create their own Anglo-Saxon helmets!
- Five ‘Design an Anglo-Saxon Shield’ Templates – Challenge your children to design their own shields using these different templates.
- Two Anglo-Saxon Colouring Pages – A picture of an Anglo-Saxon man and a woman that your children can use for colouring and other art activities.
- Three Bayeux Tapestry Colouring Pages – A set of outline versions of scenes from the Bayeux Tapestry that your children can colour and decorate in different ways.
- Twenty-Six Illuminated Letter Templates – A set of letters that your children can decorate in the style of illuminated lettering!
- One Anglo-Saxons Wordsearch – Can your children find the topic vocabulary in this wordsearch?
- One Anglo-Saxon Crossword – Challenge your children to solve the clues and fill all of the Anglo-Saxon vocabulary in the crossword!
- One Anglo-Saxons Banner – A banner to use on the display boards in your classroom when your children are learning about the Anglo-Saxons.
- One Set of Anglo-Saxons Bunting – Hang this eye-catching bunting in your classroom during your Anglo-Saxons topic.
Watch the video below to view samples of resources from the Anglo-Saxons Pack.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Already a member? Log In
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
Love the Beowulf cartoon strip.
Lots of good stuff there! I don't teach Anglo-Saxons myself, but I understand it is a very popular topic, and I'm sure it will be a great blessing to many. It fits very well with the Vikings Pack as well!