Find out about the festival of Hanukkah with our teaching, activity and display pack. It includes topic guides, a video overview, comprehension challenges, printable worksheets, banners and more!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
Already a member? Log In
- One 12-Page Hanukkah Guide – Teach your children about Hanukkah by sharing this PDF / PowerPoint topic guide.
- One 12-Page Hanukkah Key Facts – A simpler version of our Hanukkah guide for younger learners.
- One Hanukkah Video Guide – A helpful video that introduces your children to the topic of Hanukkah.
- One Hanukkah Video Comprehension Task – A set of questions based on the Hanukkah video guide.
- One Hanukkah Video Review Sheet – A handy sheet to help your children think about the information in our Hanukkah video guide.
- Three Hanukkah KWL Sheets – What do your children already know about this topic? What do they want to learn? What have they learned at the end of the topic?
- One Hanukkah Quiz – A quiz to test your knowledge of Hanukkah, available as differentiated question sheets and an interactive PowerPoint presentation.
- Three ‘The Story of Hanukkah’ Texts – How did Hanukkah begin? Find out by reading these differentiated texts!
- Four ‘The Story of Hanukkah’ Comprehension Tasks – A set of differentiated questions to review your children’s knowledge of the story of Hanukkah.
- One ‘How to Make Latkes’ Text – A recipe that shows how to make latkes during Hanukkah.
- One ‘How to Make Latkes’ Comprehension – Test your children’s understanding of the latkes recipe!
- One ‘How to Play Dreidel’ Text – A set of instructions to teach your children how to play Dreidel.
- One ‘Make your own Dreidel’ Template – A printable template to help your children make their own dreidels.
- Forty Dreidel Maths Challenge Cards – A set of Maths questions based on games of Dreidel. How many will your children answer correctly?
- One Hanukkah Glossary – A set of Hanukkah-themed words with their definitions.
- One 9 Page Hanukkah Image Pack – A large set of photos to help your children learn about this celebration.
- Nine Hanukkah Food Posters – Learn about the food that people enjoy during Hanukkah by sharing these posters.
- Six Pages of Hanukkah Vocabulary Labels – A set of handy labels showing words (with definitions and matching images) based on this topic.
- Three Hanukkah Vocabulary Challenges – Can your children match the words to their definitions (or write their own definitions)?
- One Hanukkah Acrostic Template – Make an acrostic poem using this handy template!
- Two Hanukkah Word Searches – Can your children find the topic vocabulary in these word searches?
- Twelve Hanukkah Colouring Pages – A selection of colouring pages based on Hanukkah scenes, objects and symbols.
- Two Banners – Print these banners and add them to your learning environment around Hanukkah.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Already a member? Log In
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
A very nice guide to Hanukkah, supplemented with some nice activities - my son made a dreidel, did some colouring, the wordsearch and made latkes. I was very happy that the word search didn't have a busy background too - some of the ones on other packs are very ink hungry!
A very useful set of resources. Very well made - just right to explain Hannukah to children and teachers both. The latke and dreidel images are lovely, and the video guide most useful. This would make a wonderful winter topic unit for any class!