Discover the wonderful world of 3D shapes with our enormous teaching resource pack. Includes plenty of printable goodies that you can use for whole class teaching, group and independent activities and as part of your classroom display boards!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One Twenty-Five Page 3D Shapes Guide - A printable set of pages that you can use to teach your children all about 3D shapes and their properties. Also includes information about nets, planes of symmetry, volume and surface area.
- Sixteen 3D Shapes Posters - Posters showing the names and images of different 3D shapes. A handy reference resource for your classroom walls! Available with and without a table showing the properties of each shape.
- One 3D Shape Foldable - Challenge your children to make this foldable resource to help them learn about the properties of 3D shapes!
- One Set of 3D Shapes Matching Cards - Sets of cards that show the names, pictures and properties of a selection of 3D shapes. Cut them up and ask your children to match the cards together again!
- Forty 3D Shapes Challenge Cards - A collection of forty 3D shapes challenges that your children can try! They're great as class activities, extension tasks or homework challenges!
- One Set of 3D Shapes Follow Me Cards - Can your children work together to answer all thirty-two questions in this set?
- Twenty 3D Shapes Photo Cards - Images of a variety of objects and places. Can your children identify the 3D shapes in each picture? Use these cards as a starting point for talking about the use of 3D shapes in everyday objects!
- Two 3D Shapes Charts - A chart that shows the number of faces, edges and vertices on different 3D shapes. Also includes a blank version so that your children can complete the properties themselves!
- One Cube Nets Activity - Ask your children to work out which of the nets will form a cube!
- Fifteen Printable Paper Templates - A large collection of paper templates that you children can use to draw 3D shapes and create their own 3D nets. Includes squared paper, triangular paper and dotty paper at a range of sizes.
- Seven Printable Nets - Create your own cubes, cuboids, tetrahedrons, pyramids and prisms with our printable shape nets!
- Five Counting Cubes Challenges - How many cubes can be found in each of the shapes? Includes five different pages, at a variety of difficulty levels, with answers for teachers.
- Ten Volume and Surface Area Challenges - Challenge your students to calculate the volume and surface area of a range of 3D shapes using these printable challenges.
We know that some schools / countries prefer the term '3D objects', so alternative versions of many of these resources are available for our members.
Click on the thumbnails below to view samples of resources from The 3D Shapes Pack. Don't forget to look at our 2D Shapes Pack too!
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
3 d shapes
I love this pack! It has something for all levels. The follow me cards are especially brilliant as I have been trying to make these for ages now having used something similar years ago. However time short and brain addled, it was taking me forever so these were a lifesaver! I would have liked some more challenging nets but otherwise can't fault anything.
Just had a recap on Shapes both 2D and 3D and the powerpoint in this pack was fabulous...just what I needed!
3d SHAPES PACK
tHIS PACK HAS REALLY HELPED THE CLASS i AM INVOLVED WITH GET TO GRIPS WITH SHAPES. wE HAVE YOUR POSTERS DISPLAYED AROUND OUR CLASS AND REFER TO THEM OFTEN. kEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
We just finished our shape topic and this pack had amazing visuals to help consolidate and further student knowledge
My children loved this resource, really made them sit up and look what was on the board. They loved talking about the characters too. Thank you
Great resource, thank you! Class really enjoy it
Love the 'Minecraft' figures, they're sure to catch the children's attention!
3D Shapes Pack
I recently used this pack for a Year 4 SEN group on their working wall as well as on the IWB. I also print the resources out. The children find them easy to use and have commented that the resources are better than using books. They particularly liked the challenge cards which we used at the end of the week to consolidate their learning.
A comprehensive pack in an area some children with special needs find difficult. Love the challenge cards.