Teach your children about myths and legends with this comprehensive teaching pack. It includes a full topic guide, example texts to explore, story starters, activity resources and eye-catching display materials to enhance your learning environment!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources as soon as they are available!
- One 12 Page Guide to Myths and Legends - A PDF / Powerpoint guide that you can use to teach your children about myths and legends. Includes information about the features, characters, settings, themes, language, story structure and more!
- Twenty-Four Example Texts - A huge collection of examples of myths and legends from a variety of cultures. Can your children find the features of myths and legends?
- Twenty-Four Sets of Comprehension Questions - Comprehension questions (with answers) linked to the example texts in this pack.
- One Romulus and Remus Listening Challenge - Can your children listen to this myth about Romulus and Remus and answer the related questions? Read the text to your class or play our ready-made MP3 version!
- Thirty-Eight Heroes, Villains and Monsters Posters - Teach your children about characters from famous myths and legends with these printable posters.
- Forty-Eight Myths and Legends Story Titles - A set of 48 story titles that your children can use as the starting point for their own myths and legends. Available as printable cards or a list.
- Twenty Story Starters - Inspiring images that your students can use as the starting point for their own myths and legends.
- Eight Myths and Legends Planning Templates - A set of helpful planning templates that your children can use before writing their own myths and legends.
- Four Myths and Legends Writing Checklists - Differentiated checklists that your children can refer to when they are writing their own myths and legends.
- Five Myths and Legends Comic Strips - Five comic strips that retell myths and legends from around the world. Use them with your children as a shared reading resource.
- Five Myths and Legends Comic Strips (with blank images) - The images have been removed from these comic strips. Can your children read the myths and legends and then add pictures to accompany the text?
- Five Myths and Legends Comic Strips (with blank text) - The text is missing from these comic strips. Can your children add captions to accompany the images?
- Six Comic Strip Templates - Blank templates that children can use to create their own myth / legend comic strips.
- Three Display Banners - Eye-catching banners to decorate the English display boards in your classroom!
Watch the video below to view samples of resources from the Myths and Legends Pack.
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
Submit your review
I have a confession to make. I wasn't actually expecting to use the Myths and Legends pack much. I expected that it would mainly be useful for when we, you know, teach Myths and Legends - and in our school, that's a Year3 topic, and I'm now a Year 4 teacher.But when I downloaded the pack and looked through it - well, I have to take my hat off to you. There are SUCH a lot of wonderful things in there, such a lot of great stories, and such beautiful cartoons and illustrations. It's way beyond what I expected. Well done! I shall certainly be using this pack a lot more than I thought I would.This week we're doing Book Week, with a theme of "Storytelling from around the world". So I think the first thing I shall do is print off these stories, put the children into groups, and have them read them to each other!Many thanks!