Go on a Shape Safari with your class and discover everything that there is to know about two-dimensional shapes! This pack includes a huge bundle of printable display and activity resources to help your class in your shape lessons.
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- Twenty Shape Safari Posters - Eye-catching images of our shape animals to use on your classroom displays (including different types of triangles, quadrilaterals and other polygons). A number of different versions are available, with and without facts about each shape.
- Four Pages of Shapes Cards - A printable set of cards showing the pictures and names of different shapes. Use them for sorting / matching activities... or print two sets and play matching pairs!
- Fifteen Shape Mats / Posters - Handy reference tools to help children remember the names and properties of different shapes.
- Twenty-Four Shape Clues - Will your children be able to identify the mystery shapes using the clues provided?
- Twenty Spot the Shapes Posters - Challenge your pupils to find the shapes used in the printable photos. Could they then take their own photos of objects and places made up of different shapes?
- Five 'Shape Hunting' Activity Sheets - Will your children be able to find the different shapes in these unusual pictures?
- Three 'Trace the Shapes Activity Sheets - Get your children to practise drawing shapes using three pages of shapes to trace.
- Five 'Shape Jumble' Pages - Lots of shapes are jumbled together in a pile! Can your children work out what each shape might be?
- One Compound Challenge - Can your children identify the shapes that might have been used to create these compound shapes. Includes ten different compound shapes with answers for teachers!
- One Shapes Prefixes Poster - Help your children to remember the names of different shapes by exploring our prefixes poster.
- Three Display Banners - Decorate your classroom display boards with our eye-catching banners.
Many of the pages in this pack refer to one of the quadrilaterals as a ‘trapezium’. However, some countries use the word ‘trapezoid’ instead, so alternative versions of these resources are also included for our members.
Click on the thumbnails below to view samples of resources from The Shapes Pack. Don't forget to look at our 3D Shapes Pack too!
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
This pack was a godsend to me when starting in a new job days before Ofsted arrived. The colourful display posters meant I could make my tutoring room look bright and cheerful in minutes.
The animal shapes on the cards intrigued my children and helped my SEN children to remember some shapes more easily.
I recommend this pack to everyone!
Thank you once again for a jam packed resource:) This pack will be used with great appreciation for my next Learning Wall visual display in year 6 in the new year.
Downloading this pack for the second time as I have lost my original. Used the animal safari pack for year 6 children, who they then went on to make super hero shapes characters. We also went on to make wanted posters e.g wanted strong quadrilateral must have 4 equal sides, 4 right angles. Children loved this and came up with some great ideas.
p.s A super hero pack would be amazing.
What a wonderful resource. My special needs class love this resource, especially the animals. They discuss the shapes in conversations with each other "remember that triangle was a ........" Given that these children are mostly ASD students this conversation is extremely beneficial to them. Thank you so much!
A very visual pack for display with a wide range of activities for active learning. Would love to see something similar for 3D shapes.
I have found every pack I have downloaded has exactly what I need...this pack is no different. The shape mats are perfect with the characters that make it fun for the children!
Just what I was looking for!
I'm just about to start looking at shape with a composite p3-7 class. I knew from past experience that I'd get exactly what I needed in the Shapes Pack and I did! Posters for display, activities for all the stages and questions I can use with their warm-up at the start of the lesson. Simply brilliant!
Thanks! This pack was fantastic to use both during my English lessons and during my math lessons in Swedish.
I´m going to continue to use this very visual material with my next class too.
Very visual and so,helpful to put all over my classroom. I had them laminated to keep year after year.
Shapes pack - fantastic
The shapes pack is full of great colourful posters, games and classroom activities. I have created a huge display for my mixed year 3/4 class which was commented upon during my last observation. It's great for the kids to use and refer to during our lessons and I have added a few of the activities for them to muse over during registration.