Help your children to improve their spelling skills with our enormous collection of games, educational activities, crosswords and word searches!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
Already a member? Log In
- One Hundred ‘Sixty Second Spelling’ Challenges – Challenge your children to think of different spelling words in sixty seconds with these printable cards and posters. A Powerpoint presentation is also available, with and without an interactive timer option.
- Ten ‘Word Wheels’ Slides – Spin the wheel and think of words based on the letters that appear. All of your words must include the letter in the centre of the wheel! This PowerPoint is editable, so you can change the letters if required.
- One Spelling Battleships Game – An exciting two-player game that challenges children to find the locations of each other’s letters on a grid.
- One Spooky Spellings Game – Test your children’s spelling skills with this spooky board game! It includes thirty sets of ready-made word cards to print and use, but you can easily use other words based on your own spelling or topic lists.
- One ‘Spell into Space’ Game – Can your children launch all six rockets into space by writing their spelling words correctly?
- Seven ‘Spelling Snap’ Games – Sets of word cards that your children can use to play ‘Snap’! Can they find pairs of words with matching spelling patterns?
- Four ‘Hook a Homophone’ Games – In these games, children have to find the correct homophones on the fish in the water. Who will hook the most homophones?
- Four ‘Compound Connections’ Games – Can your children make a line of four coloured boxes by colouring words that join together to make compound words?
- One Boggle Display Resource – Make an interactive display and challenge your children to make words using your chosen selection of letters!
- Twenty Boggle Sheets – A set of ready-to-print challenges based on the popular game ‘Boggle’. How many words can your children make using the letters provided?
- Three ‘Spelling Boxes’ Templates – Play the popular game of ‘Boxes’ or ‘Squares’ to practise your spelling words!
- Two ‘Spelling Noughts and Crosses’ Pages – Play ‘Noughts and Crosses’ (or Tic-Tac-Toe) and write your spelling words instead of using Os and Xs!
- Thirty ‘Spelling Scores’ Challenges – Use the letters provided to make new words. How many points will you score for each word?
- Three ‘Step Words’ Games – A competitive game that challenges children to come up with words based on the letters in their opponent’s previous words.
- Three Sets of Spelling Dominoes – Play dominoes by matching the spelling patterns on these word cards.
- Ten ‘Anagramasaurus’ Challenges – Can your children use the letters on the back of the Anagramasaurus to create new words and score points for every word that they find? Eight different versions are available, along with blank sets so that you can add your own letters.
- Twenty Misspelling Spotters – Can your children race to find all of the misspelled words in these texts? Ten different texts are included, covering narrative writing, instructions, biographies, poetry and more.
- Twenty Alphabet Races – Can your children sort these lists of spelling words into alphabetical order faster than their friends?
- Four Pages of Letter and Phoneme Cards – A handy collection of cards showing different letters and phonemes that can be used for word-building activities.
- Five Letter Dice – Construct these letter dice and roll them to generate sets of letters. How many words will your children be able to make using those letters?
- Three Spelling Challenges – Ask your students to find all of the misspelled words in these sentences and then write the correct spellings too!
- Twenty-One Spelling Spirals – A collection of spelling challenges that ask your children to solve the clues and then write the answers into the correct places in the spiral.
- Eighty-Two Crosswords – Can your children solve the clues and then fit the answers into these crosswords (and make sure that they have spelled each word correctly)?
- Seventy-Two Word Searches – Can your children find all of the words in this huge collection of word searches? A wide variety of subjects and topics are covered.
- Five ‘My Word Search’ Templates – A set of templates that your children can use to create their own word searches.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Already a member? Log In
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
What an amazing array of ways to teach spellings. The games are brilliant and will suit every pupil's ability. The pupils I teach are all very different with very different abilities in the same class. I will be able to teach a spelling lesson without any of them knowing they have different work, that will be commensturate to their own abilities. Brilliant. Thank you Mark & Helen.
So many versatile and engaging games to make overlearning enjoyable - thank you so much. My students love these games.
This is a lovely pack which fits in with many Topics likely to be explored during the school year. The variety of crosswords and wordsearches at different levels of difficulty is fantastic. The pack could be used with varying age groups and levels of ability. My only minor criticism is that wordsearches have word lists in lower case, or capital letter and then lower case, but the grids themselves are upper case. This has the potential to cause confusion for some pupils with dyslexia or other learning difficulties. It could be useful to have different versions. Eg all lower case for both word lists and grids, or all upper case. The flip side of this is it gives the pupils opportunity to transfer knowledge of upper and lower case letters while completing the wordsearches. The crosswords are lovely and good brain training for pupils. Thankyou for yet another useful pack!
Thanks for your review, Marianne. We appreciate your comments about the case of the letters in the word searches and this is something that we have addressed in the word searches that we have been making recently.
A wonderful selection of fun activities to improve spelling. My pupils have enjoyed the crosswords which can be linked to topic work. The spelling mazes and word searches have been great homework activities.
What a treasure trove of resources. Even my group of 14 year old girls loved the spelling battleships, thank you!
The children in my classes have loved the teaching packs. The packs are full of information, colourful and easy to use.
There are so many wonderful resources and activities in this pack. My kids love it! They are engaged and motivated when these sets of games are taken out. Thanks so much 🙂
A great way to promote learner autonomy with spelling battleships. This lends itself to so much more than spelling- reinforcing topic vocabulary, practising prefixes- great stuff- thank you!
Got to say, this pack has been a lifesaver over the last few days! As students are trying to wind down for the holidays, but we need/want them to be learning, I have had to think of other ways to keep them engaged, and this pack has really helped! The 60 second spelling challenges are brilliant, and today we are going to try and play spelling battleships!
Thanks for a great resource!
Am loving this new resource pack and have already printed and laminated many of the games and activities - thank you! Would it be possible to have a landscape copy of the spell into space game to accommodate larger writing and/or longer words, please?
As always, a great range of imaginative activities which the children really enjoy.
Thanks for your lovely review (and great suggestion) Karen. I have just created a landscape version of the 'Spell into Space' game and added it to the pack!