Use these environment resources to teach your children about recycling, climate change and more! It includes a comprehensive topic guide, cross-curricular activities and display materials.
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One 16 Page Environment Guide – This Powerpoint (and PDF) guide teaches your children about a range of environmental topics, including the greenhouse effect, climate change, renewable and non-renewable energy, pollution, deforestation, food miles, recycling and more.
- One Environment Video Guide – Learn about the environment by watching this handy video guide!
- One Glossary – A selection of words linked to this topic with their definitions. A handy reference resource for teachers and pupils!
- Twelve Pages of Vocabulary Labels – A collection of labels with words based on the environment. Use them as the starting point for discussions about topic vocabulary or add them to your display boards.
- One Environment Defenders Comic Strip – Can your children create a comic strip about a family of environmental defenders? How will they save the world?
- One Eco Chains Game – Challenge your children to make a chain of coloured letters across the game board, by answering the environment-themed questions!
- One 30 Page Environment Image Pack – A collection of photos that can be used on a display board or as the starting point for discussions about different environmental issues.
- Sixteen ‘How Can I Help?’ Posters – A selection of posters that share ways that we can help to improve our environment. These are also available in a smaller card format so they can be used for a range of individual and group activities.
- Four ‘What Can I Do?’ Templates – A simple set of templates that ask your students to think, draw and write about the things that they can do to help their environment.
- Three ‘What Can I Do at School and Home?’ Sheets – Ask your students to think about the things that they can do to help the environment when they are at school and home!
- Two ‘Positive Actions’ Resources – A set of differentiated activity sheets that ask children to identify activities that are good and bad for the environment.
- Two ‘Eco Pledge’ Templates – Make an eco pledge (or an Earth Day pledge) using these printable templates. What environment activities will your children try?
- One ‘Can We Recycle It?’ Activity – Can your children identify which of these fourteen items can be recycled?
- One ‘Recyclable Materials’ Activity – Can your children identify the different recyclable materials on this activity sheet?
- One ‘Sort the Recycling’ Activity – Challenge your children to sort the different items of recycling into the correct coloured bins!
- Twenty Environment News Report Templates – Ask your students to write a news report about the environment activities taking place in these photos. These templates are available with plain boxes, wide lines and narrow lines.
- Two Sir David Attenborough Biographies – Use the differentiated texts to find out about the life and achievements of Sir David Attenborough.
- Two Greta Thunberg Biographies – Learn about the achievements of Greta Thunberg by reading these differentiated biographies!
- Four Sets of Comprehension Questions – Differentiated questions to review your children’s understanding of the biographies of Greta Thunberg and David Attenborough.
- Four ‘Interview Questions’ Templates – What would your children like to ask Sir David Attenborough or Greta Thunberg? Use these templates to find out!
- Ten Colouring Pages – A selection of colouring pages (at different levels of complexity) with an environmental theme.
- One Crossword – Test your children’s knowledge of environmental vocabulary with this crossword challenge!
- One Word Search – Can your children find all of the relevant topic vocabulary in this word search?
- Six Display Banners – Eye-catching banners to add to the display areas in your classroom.
- Two Sets of Bunting – A selection of bunting to hang in your classroom when your children are learning about the environment and recycling.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
Well, you've done it again.
This is an excellent resource which will work across different age groups and units of work. Thank you for such a varied and informative pack, I look forward to hearing how others have used it too. Like your previous reviewer, the inclusion of biographies really widens its scope.
I've been looking forward to this Pack! In our school we teach a number of units which link with the environment, as well as having many activities and events throughout the year in which we talk about global warming, pollution, recycling, and so on. So I'm very happy to see this Pack. It ticks all the boxes, of course - display posters, bunting, a guide, colouring pages, a collection of iconic images, vocabulary cards - but I was delighted to see some extra-special resources as.well, including biographies and comprehensions on David Attenborough and Greta Thunberg - who we were discussing in class recently - as well as a delightful vocabulary game. Last seen as the Bug Buster in the Maths Games Pack, I know the children are going to love it, and hope we see this game in other packs too!
The environment is an incredibly important topic, and now we are ready to teach it as never before!