The Narrative Writing Pack is bursting with educational posters, activities and display resources to help your children to write amazing stories!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- Fifteen Narrative Writing Posters – Help your children to learn all about the features of narrative writing with our eye-catching posters. They can be used as a whole class teaching tool, as an independent reference tool or on your classroom displays. The posters are also available in a smaller card format.
- Two Narrative Writing Table Mats – A single page that outlines the features of narrative writing. Use it as a table mat (for children to refer to during their writing activities) or display it in your classroom! Two versions are included for use with younger / older students.
- Three Narrative Writing Checklists – Give your children a copy of our handy checklists while they are planning, drafting, writing and improving their narrative writing.
- Ten Describing Characters Resources – The resource sheets can be used to help your children describe different aspects of the characters in their story. Multiple versions of the resources are available for younger / older students.
- Three ‘Planning Characters’ Templates – Three different templates to help your children to think about the characters that they are going to use in their narrative writing. Each template includes space for a picture – why not use the Characters Cards from our Writing Prompts pack?
- Twenty Settings Vocabulary Resources – A selection of words and phrases that can be used to describe ten different settings. A fantastic reference tool for your children’s writing!
- Three ‘Planning Settings’ Templates – Encourage your children to think about the settings for their narrative writing with these planning templates. Three different templates are available, with space for a picture (which could come from the Settings Cards in our Writing Prompts pack).
- Four Planning Narrative Writing Templates – A set of planning templates to help your children work out the characters, setting and plot of their stories.
- One Writing Process Poster – A poster that outlines five steps in the writing process. Share this with your class as they progress through each step of their narrative writing.
- Sixty Story Openings – Can your children sort the story openings into different groups (and then write their own examples) or use these as the starting point for their own narrative writing?
- Thirty-Six Story Endings – Sort the story endings into different groups or use them in your own writing!
- Forty-Eight ‘Pick a Problem’ Cards – A huge collection of ideas for ‘problems’ to include within your children’s stories. How will your students choose to resolve each problem?
- Sixty-Four One Word Titles – A set of cards, each of which contains a single word. Use them as the starting point for narrative writing in lots of different ways, using the included list of teaching ideas!
- Eight Display Banners – Printable banners to add to your classroom displays as your children learn about different aspects of narrative writing.
Alternative versions of many of these resources are also included in the pack. These are intended for use with older learners. They have similar content, but do not include the animal characters. Watch the video below to view samples of resources from the Narrative Writing Pack.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
Great resources, presentation is awesome, content is varied and creative, real time savers !
I am really looking forward to using this resource with my students. It is so varied and comprehensive. There are prompts and activities to suit all ages and abilities making differentiation so easy. Definitely worth downloading!
An incredible resource that has helped my kids write better stories.
I use this pack with a fifth and sixth class and found it a wonderful resource both in introducing the topic and in supporting group work as the slides can be printed in postcard size and given to groups as they plan their narrative writing. The writing prompts and checks can also be printed and laminated and reused with a whiteboard marker in group writing activities.
A comprehensive pack of resources! In other similar packs you had a powerpoint that explained many points, however, this pack does not seem to have one. Could that be added please?
Hi Diane. Thanks for your review. A Powerpoint version of the Narrative Writing posters is now available as part of this pack.
As we explore the stages of narrative writing, I put up the associated poster and encourage students to use the displayed information as a guideline for their own writing. Bright and colourful, the posters are easy to read.
I have found this to be a fabulous resource to use with my secondary special education students. It provides a clear scaffold for the students to follow and provides them with writing prompts to stimulate their thinking and provide them with starting ideas. I found the character descrition template very helpful and clearly set out.
This pack has some amazing resources and ideas to add to daily literacy groups and the writing centre!
A great resource - good range of information posters to put onto display as well as very useful checklists for the class to use in their writing. Another fab resource from this website!