The Transition Pack includes a range of resources to use with your children when they are preparing to move to a new class or school. A set of ‘About Me’ profiles are available, along with ‘Classroom Rules’ templates / examples and much more!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
Already a member? Log In
- Nine ‘About Me’ Profiles – A selection of templates that children can use to tell new teachers about themselves during transition activities. A variety of templates are available, including bunting, bookmarks, scrolls, emoji and social media.
- Four ‘Memories and Ambitions’ Activity Sheets – What are your children’s memories from their lives so far? What are their dreams for the future? A helpful drawing or writing template to use as part of transition activities.
- Four ‘What I Know…’ Resources – A template to use as part of transition activities. What do your children know, what have they heard and what would they like to know about their next class or school?
- Two ‘Old and New Classes / Schools’ Printables – A helpful template to get your children thinking about the similarities and differences between their old and new classes (or schools).
- Six ‘Classroom Rules’ Posters – A set of templates on which you can record your class rules. Children could also use these to make their own ‘classroom rules’ posters. A collection of examples are also available.
- Sixteen Pages of ‘School Scenarios’ – A set of photos that show a range of different school scenarios. These could be used as discussion / writing prompts in many different ways. The included questions could also be used as the starting point for your discussions.
- One ‘What Would You Do Next?’ Resource – A collection of situations that a child might find themselves in after moving to a new class or school. You could use these as the starting point for writing, discussion or role play activities. Can your students explain or show what they would do next?
- Five Transition Display Banners – A set of printable banners to use on your ‘transition’ display boards.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Already a member? Log In
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
This is a great resource. It had everything it it to make a transition easy to use. The resources are so user friendly
Love the What would you do cards. Great for talking through with my EAL students.
I like these cards, they’re a little bit different from the usual start of year activities I’ve used. They’re useful for Circle time too.
I love this pack! I've just downloaded it to use with some children in my school, and am realising how useful it will be - and not just for transition. I really like the 'What would you do next?' cards, and can see that they would be useful in school in any year group as a PSHE and speaking and listening activity. And, as a school which has children migrating in and out often, it will be useful all year round.
This pack is a great way to start a new school year and help the children move from one class level to the next. There are lots of lovely class activities to help the children settle during the first few days of term!