Encourage your children to use super similes and marvellous metaphors in their writing with our resource pack. This includes a helpful topic guide, a reference mat, display banners and a wide range of classroom activities to explore!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
Already a member? Log In
- One Eight Page Guide to Similes and Metaphors – A guide to similes and metaphors that you can read with your class. Includes lots of examples to discuss together.
- One Similes and Metaphors Reference Mat – A handy table mat that your children can use to remind themselves about similes and metaphors. Also includes examples that can be used in their writing.
- Three ‘Improve the Sentences’ Resources – Can your children improve these sentences by using similes or metaphors (or both)?
- One ‘Match the Meanings’ Activity – What do these similes and metaphors mean? Can your students match them to their meanings?
- Thirteen Pages of Similes and Metaphors Image Prompts – Can your students come up with creative similes and metaphors to describe the people, places and objects shown in these images?
- One ‘What am I?’ Resource – A set of poems that include similes and metaphors. Ask your children to work out what they are describing. Can they find the similes and metaphors too (and then make up their own poems)?
- Three Similes and Metaphors Banners – Three banners to use on classroom displays when your children are learning about similes and metaphors.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Already a member? Log In
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
I have now used this Pack for several years, in several different classes from ages seven to eleven, and it has never let me down!
The funny green monster does a great job of explaining similes and metaphors (often quite tricky to teach, especially metaphors). There is a very nice range of activities to accompany the Guide, especially the riddles, which are fun, and the picture prompts, which are really great for generating ideas. For students who are just beginning, there are sentence-uplevelling exercises. After having these new ideas introduced to them, my students had no difficulty in using the worksheets to create their own similes and metaphors.
All in all, an excellent set of learning resources!
I have used this teaching pack with several of my Key stage 2 pupils. The power point clearly explains similes and metaphors using attractively illustrated slides. There are a selection of worksheets which encourage the children to write their own similes and metaphors. My pupils really enjoyed the poetry activity.