Celebrate this spooky time of year with our teaching resource pack! It includes a Halloween topic guide, a range of cross-curricular activity resources, display materials and much more!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
Already a member? Log In
- One 10 Page Guide to Halloween – A Powerpoint / PDF guide to Halloween covering the origins of the festival, how it is celebrated today, ‘trick or treating’, Halloween symbols and traditions, fascinating facts and more!
- One 10 Page Halloween Key Facts Guide – A simpler version of our Halloween Guide for younger readers.
- One Halloween Video Guide – Learn about the history of Halloween by watching our video guide with your children!
- Two Halloween Quizzes – Review your children’s knowledge of this topic by using these quizzes. They are available as two printable quiz sheets or as an interactive PowerPoint presentation.
- Twelve ‘Halloween Around the World’ Cards – Find out how Halloween (and other festivals of the dead) are celebrated in different countries with these printable cards. Use them as a reference / comprehension resource or add them to your classroom displays.
- One ‘Vampire Escape’ Game – Learn about Halloween celebrations around the world with our printable game! Who will be the first to escape from the vampire and get back to Granny’s cosy cottage by answering questions about Halloween?
- Twenty Halloween Early Morning Activities – Different activities that you can use at the start of the day (or as tasks for early finishers). These include a range of English topics, Maths activities, design challenges and more!
- One Halloween Word Mat – A helpful mat that shows a range of words related to Halloween. Use this as a reference resource during your writing and other activities!
- One 20 Page Halloween Image Pack – A set of posters that can be used as the starting point for discussions about this topic or to decorate your learning environment!
- One Halloween Word Bank – A collection of Halloween-themed words, sorted into nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs. This resource is also available in a ‘jumbled’ format so that your children can sort the words themselves.
- Twelve Halloween Picture Word Banks – Explore these spooky pictures together and think of nouns, adjectives, verbs and adverbs related to them. Then, use those words in descriptive sentences and paragraphs.
- Twenty Spooky Starters – Use these introductory sentences and paragraphs as inspiration for your own Halloween-themed writing!
- One ‘How to Make Halloween Biscuits’ Sheet – Follow this recipe to make some tasty treats at Halloween!
- One Halloween Biscuits Recipe Sorting Activity – Challenge your students to cut and stick these jumbled recipe cards in the correct order!
- Six Sets of Halloween Story Dice – Roll the dice and use the pictures as the starting point for your own Halloween stories! They include a variety of spooky characters, settings and objects.
- Eight Halloween Diary Templates – Can your children write some diary entries for these spooky characters?
- One Halloween Story Generator – Roll a die and use the ideas on this sheet as the starting point for your own Halloween story!
- One Halloween Anagrams Task – Can your children rearrange the letters to make Halloween vocabulary?
- One Halloween Acrostic Template – Write an acrostic poem about Halloween with this handy template!
- Three ‘Halloween I Spy’ Sheets – Simple Halloween-themed counting activities to challenge younger children.
- Four Halloween Picture Puzzles – Challenge your children to solve the Maths calculations and then colour the grid to make a Halloween picture!
- Eight Halloween Dot to Dot Puzzles – A collection of ‘dot to dot’ puzzles that challenge your children to create a Halloween picture by drawing lines between the numbers. Available at a range of difficulty levels.
- Six Halloween Mazes – Can your children find their way through these creepy mazes?
- Six Halloween ‘Spot the Differences’ – Can your children find the differences between the spooky pictures in these puzzles?
- Four ‘Spook Yourself’ Activities – Let your children transform themselves into spooky characters! These printables can be used as a fun art activity, and they will look amazing on a display board too.
- Four Halloween Cut and Stick Characters – Cut out the different parts of these Halloween characters, decorate them and then stick them back together! You could also use split pins to make characters with movable arms and legs.
- One ‘Decorate the Pumpkins’ Sheet – Use different Art materials to decorate these pumpkins with faces, colours, patterns and more!
- One ‘Decorate the Ghosts’ Task – How many different ways can your children decorate these ghost outlines?
- Five ‘Copy the Picture’ Pages – Can your children use the grids to copy these Halloween illustrations?
- Twenty Halloween Colouring Pages – A set of pictures showing spooky characters and settings (at a variety of complexity levels) that your children can colour.
- One Halloween Crossword – Can your children use the clues to solve this Halloween-themed crossword?
- One Halloween Word Search – Review Halloween vocabulary with this printable word search.
- Three Sets of Halloween Bunting – Hang this bunting in your classroom at spooky times of the year!
- Two Halloween Banners – Banners to add to your spooky classroom display boards.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Already a member? Log In
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
I teach teenagers with learning disabiliities and it can be difficult to get them to write creatively. The story starters, image bank and word mat will be perfect for inspiration. Everything you provide is always presented in such a clear and attractive way. Thanks
I work with young adults with learning disabilities, all these resources can cover all the needs and abilities of my students. I cannot wait for Halloween now. Thank you so much, it will be a great fun.
I love this pack! My class will be so excited to see all the Halloween themed work. I love the fact that you have Halloween around the world - makes it more than just about getting candy!
Fantastic. Love this pack, engaging and informative! Loads of fun to be had! 🙂
We are loving this pack great fun. The story cubes have been a great source of amusement, and the colour by numbers maths art sheets are very enjoyable!
Wow, I'm impressed. Great package again. Thank you. I can use this right away. Even for my Adult classes 🙂
This pack is great! I love the bite sized history lessons and the variety of activities. We'll have fun with this one. 🙂
Fantastic resources. Great images and information as always!
That is really cool! I was talking to some of the teachers at my school just the other day about how we were looking forward to doing some Halloween fun! What a nice present to get. Now, let's look inside...
* Lots of things! This is a big size for a minipack!
* A lovely selection of banners and posters! "Day of the Dead" too!
* Wow! A beautiful guide, posters around the world, puzzles and games, maths exercises, English exercises, poetry exercises - this is terrific! I really think you might want to upgrade this from MiniPack to TeachingPack!
* And all beautifully presented as well! Really nice artwork. Well done!
Comments and suggestions? Well, if you must...I suppose anything can be improved. Maybe some spooky stories to tell, or some Halloween jokes - or perhaps some ideas for making costumes?
Terrific work! Five stars!