Explore the Viking period with our child-friendly eBook, activity materials and display resources! Includes a huge range of information and activities for your children to explore as part of this History topic.
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One Fifty Page Vikings eBook – Learn all about the Vikings using our child-friendly eBook. It’s full of interesting information, fascinating facts and clear, labelled diagrams so that your children can use it for independent research. Teachers can also use it as a whole class teaching tool by displaying it on a large screen (e.g. interactive whiteboard). The eBook also includes a comprehensive glossary that children can refer to throughout their Vikings topic!
- Two Vikings Quizzes – Differentiated quizzes to test your children’s knowledge of the Vikings, based on the information in the Vikings eBook.
- One Vikings Vocabulary Challenge – Can your children write definitions for the different Vikings terms?
- Seven Vikings Design Challenges – What will your children’s own Viking longboat, shield, meal, helmet or clothes designs look like?
- Three Vikings Runes Resources – A poster showing Viking runes, a Viking Runes challenge sheet and large Runes cards to use on display boards or for your classroom activities.
- Ten Vikings Story Starters – Inspiring images that can be used as the starting point for writing.
- Four Wordsearches and Crosswords – Differentiated wordsearches and crosswords to help your children review their knowledge of Vikings vocabulary.
- Five Display Posters – Large posters to add to a display board, including a Viking warrior, ship, family and more!
- Eleven Display Banners – Add eye-catching titles to your classroom displays with our printable banners.
- Eight Pages of Vikings Vocabulary Labels – Printable labels showing different Vikings vocabulary. Also includes a blank set so that you (and your children) can write on your own words.
- One set of VIKINGS Display Letters – Print our display lettering to add a bold title to a classroom wall!
Watch the video below to view samples of resources from the Vikings Pack.
Join Teaching Packs
Become a member today to download all of our resource packs!
Our members have also downloaded these Teaching Packs:
Submit your review
Fantastic, informative and engaging for both adults and the children!
This was the first Teaching Pack resource I ever used... Not sure when I joined, as having an email change has made me a newbie, but there are so many excellent resources in this pack that I quickly became hooked and have used this resource more than once. This pack is great for creating quick, colourful and informative display. The ebook - good for everyone, but it is also really good for those children who need a little extra support. Thank you!
We just love Teaching Packs! This Viking pack for example has a great amount of information, presented so well and attractively for children, clear, not overwhelming but not thin on the info either.
We find the range of resources on teaching packs to be excellent, and the communications, ease of use, and responsiveness of Mark and Helen is just brilliant.
Thanks Teaching packs I’ve just renewed so we can continue using your lovely resources!
Thank you for a great teaching pack! I am a home Ed Mum in Kenya. We don’t have access to libraries and for resources I rely solely on the internet and what I can find in bookshops. We have just started doing the Vikings and I am so impressed with the way the information is presented. It’s appealing to my 7 year old, colourful, and the vocabulary is detailed but understandable for her. We are thoroughly enjoying the subject. Thank you again.
All of this pack is good- we are short of books and computers in our school so research can be "challenging". Your information is always easy to follow ,accurate and informative. I added the story starters to the children's morning free writing and they are loving it. Have to prise them away to do other things sometimes.,
I just wanted to say a very big thank you for this very informative pack about the Vikings. I am a home-educating mum to four children and this resource really helped to teach the children about the history of the Vikings. It is a very colourful presentation with alot of detail and information which helped the children to grasp the history well. The whole pack with the added printables were a very big help. Teaching is fun but it is so much better with such amazing resources like these. I have used TEACHING PACKS for awhile now and they have never failed to deliver a very informative, educational lesson which my children have always enjoyed, and we look forward to new resources in the future! Thanks again 🙂
A terrific resource with ample information and interesting facts to keep everyone's attention. Learning about the Vikings has never been so much fun! The only thing I'd change would be the choice of some of the font -> some of it is a little bunched up and not easily read. A great font to use would be Myriad Hebrew...so much clearer and easier the read. But apart from that it is 5 stars plus!
This is a very exciting pack with loads of ideas to use. The Vikings ebook is especially excellent, packed with loads of information in child speak and very easy to read. I used this with my class as a guided reading text and they loved it, the glossary was also a very valuable addition as a whole range of new vocabulary was learnt and explored. It was also very useful for independent research. There was more than enough work/activities to choose from, next time I'll be using more than I did this time. Great resource *****
Fab resources I was able to access and use easily during my teaching placements.
Used these resources with a composite class who thoroughly enjoyed the brightly coloured materials, and engaged very well with the different activities. For a class with a very wide-ranging ability, these resources saved me a lot of time and were great to use.