Help your children to explore the wonders of space with our enormous teaching resource pack! It's filled with child-friendly reference materials, eye-catching display posters and a wide range of activity resources.
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One Fifty-Three Page Space Book - A child-friendly guide to space with clear text and eye-catching illustrations. Use the pages for independent research, shared reading activities and whole class teaching. Also includes a huge glossary.
- Two Space Word Mats - Handy word mats showing a range of space vocabulary. Fantastic reference resources for your children!
- One Enormous Space Exploration Timeline - Make a timeline on your classroom walls using our printable event cards. Includes fifty of the main events related to space discovery and exploration. A smaller set of cards is also available, which can be used for sorting / reference activities.
- Twenty-Four High Quality Space Images - A printable pack of photos / illustrations of planets, space shuttles, astronauts and more. Use them for discussion, research and on your classroom displays!
- Twelve Space Writing Prompts - Inspiring images that your children can use as the starting point for some space-themed writing.
- One 'Size of the Planets' Resource - A handy chart that helps children to compare the sizes of the planets in the Solar System.
- One Ordering the Planets Activity - Challenge your students to think of some mnemonics to help them remember the correct order of the planets.
- One 'Mass of the Solar System' Activity - Help your children to think about the mass of the objects in the Solar System with this simple activity!
- One Set of Follow Me Cards - Give a card (or two) to each child in your class. Ask one of the children to read out their space-themed question. The person with the correct answer reads it out and then reads their question. Continue like this until all thirty-two questions have been answered correctly!
- One True or False Activity - A set of thirty-two statements about space... but which are true and which are false? Includes answers for teachers and self-checking.
- Two ISS Comprehension Activities - Two differentiated texts describing the ISS (International Space Station), with sets of related questions to answer.
- One Space Crossword - Review your children's knowledge of space vocabulary with our handy crossword (includes answers!).
- Two Space Wordsearches - Challenge your children to find different space words in our two printable wordsearches.
- Six Display Resources - Decorate your classroom with our posters, banners and eye-catching images!
Click on the thumbnails below to view samples of resources from The Space Pack.
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
Submit your review
A real hit with our Years 5 and 6. Great info and activities in this pack.
I have just downloaded yet another amazing pack from Teaching Ideas! I already have a significant number of teaching resources for this lesson, so was just looking to see if they could be complemented. Once again, as with so many of the packs, I have totally 'upgraded' my resources and will be moving my present ones on to support our local Home Education group! What is impressive in ALL of the packs, is the extremely high standard of illustrations and the exciting, child friendly organisation of resources. The Space Guide, will, once more, provide an invaluable introduction to the topic. Thank you once more for your wonderful creativity, Mark and Helen!
I have used this both at school and at scouts! Very useful resources!
What an amazing pack. I showed it to a colleague who had never heard of the site. She was really impressed as am I. The children loved the activities.
I use this website a lot and direct other colleagues to it as well. Congratulations to the Teaching Pack Team on delivering high quality resources for the time poor educator. You do such an amazing job! Thank you!
An informative pack, allowing for differentiation.
Students loved using it, excellent pictures and learning objectives
What a fabulous unit this is. The images are fantastic and the information fascinating. Thank you, I can't recommend this unit highly enough.
I couldn't recommend this enough for a thematic unit on space and the planets. I used it with 11-13 year olds but I feel it could be adapted for any primary school class. It contains all the information you could want on all of the planets, lovely images of each one and lots of other worksheets.
This is an amazing pack. The contents are comprehensive and precise in easily understandable terms for several grades. Yet another pack I found invaluable to my teaching resources. You have outdone yourselves once again! Thank you!
We have been following Tim Peake closely on twitter and are joining in with Rocket science experiment so this was very timely. I liked it was very current as most books are naturally less so. I liked the time line which gave the children a sense of timescale. Each planet etc information pitched right with not too difficult vocabulary with a glossary attached- great.
Could I suggest for a new pack The Sea , or under the sea or the seaside for a summer term.Looking forward to comprehension one. Hope it includes inferential questions using simple sentences .Thanks again.You are a boon to busy teachers...