Explore negative numbers with your children using our comprehensive resource pack! Includes a teaching guide, number lines, activity resources and classroom display materials.
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today!
- One Eleven Page Guide to Negative Numbers - A comprehensive guide to the topic of negative numbers. Includes information about what negative numbers are, when we use them, how to add / subtract / multiply / divide them and more!
- Two 'My Number Line' Resources - Two sets of printable number lines that your children can refer to during independent activities. Includes a set from -10 to 10 and another set from -20 to 20.
- One Set of Negative Number Line Challenges - Can your students identify the missing points on these number lines? Includes answers for teachers and self-checking.
- One Set of Negative Numbers Follow Me Cards - A set of thirty-two negative number questions. Give one card to each child in your class and ask one of the children to read their question. The child with the matching answer shouts it out and then reads their question. Continue until you have answered all questions together!
- Forty Negative Number Challenge Cards - A collection of challenge cards that include a range of negative number activities and problems.
- One Set of 'Numbers on Snowballs' - Create a number line display from -50 to 50 with our huge collection of printable number snowballs!
- Fourteen Negative Number Cubes - A collection of printable cubes that your children can use to practise addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of negative (and positive) numbers. Also includes a cube with less than / greater than symbols that students can use to compare the sizes of different numbers.
- Eight Pages of Negative Number Cards - A large set of negative (and positive) number cards that can be used for ordering and sorting activities. A set of 'operation' cards are also included, along with 'greater than' / 'less than' cards and Venn / Carrol diagram templates to enable you to use these cards for a wide range of other activities.
- One Negative Number Jigsaw - Can your children put the pieces of this mathematical jigsaw back together again?
- One Set of Negative Noggle Cards - A collection of negative number cards to use alongside our Noggle resource.
- Five 'Comparing and Ordering Numbers' Challenges - A set of differentiated worksheets that help children to practise comparing and ordering positive and negative numbers (with answers).
- Twelve Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division Challenges - A collection of differentiated activity sheets that cover the addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of negative numbers. Includes answers for teachers and self-checking.
- Three 'Multiple Operations' Activity Sheets - Can your children add and subtract the positive and negative numbers in each calculation? Includes answers.
- Three 'Across-Downs' Challenges - A set of printable challenges that require your students to add and subtract negative numbers. Includes answers for teachers and self-checking.
- Two Banners - Two printable banners to help you create a classroom display board about negative numbers.
Click on the thumbnails below to view samples of resources from The Negative Numbers Pack.
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
Negative Numbers Pack
The Negative Numbers Pack is the math activity we are using to begin January. Thank you for creating this pack. I support a small group of learners in a high school, who struggle with basic number and math concepts. The teaching guide, and also the worksheets seem to help my students feel relaxed and confident as they build their skills. I like reading all the pages in this pack, and especially the page about how we use and see negative numbers day-to-day. I also like the 'lesser than' and 'greater than' worksheet. We practiced that skill in December and this worksheet shows my students how they can use that skill to compare numbers. The negative/positive number line is a great addition and a good tool for each student to have and use. This group of students are engaged right now, as we progress through your pack, and I'm sure that their confidence with numbers will continue to grow.
Negative Numbers Resources
These resources have come in handy when working with my Year 5/6 booster children. The resources are well made, easy to use and are full of useful details that I can use to further support the children. The challenge worksheets are extremely useful to help support learning.
I really like the negative numbers pack - good balance of teaching display resources and individual activities, although I would like to see more independent learning challenge/investigation style questions within your packs that could be used for children to demonstrate secure understanding and application (mastery) Also more stretching activities for the more able upper KS2 range - many of your activities are more suitable for y4/5
Wow! Just about to start a unit on negative numbers and needed some display resources to aid the learning and what do Teaching Packs do? Yes, produce some fantastic resources. The differentiated challenge worksheets are particularly useful for my class.
Thank you! Spot on!
Negative Numbers Pack
A fantastic pack full of everything I need to start the new term's maths lessons. This will really help with some of my less able pupils as it is full of colour and detail. Thank you for a great resource.
A great pack of easy to use and colourful resources.
Great activities for a starter or challenge or to have a quick mental skills thinking challenge.
Children find the resources easy to use and really loved the interactive challenges and games.
I would recommend this pack to anyone who is finding teaching negative numbers difficult or who is looking for some intervention idea to develop understanding of negative numbers.
Negative Numbers Pack
Thank you so much for the negative numbers pack. It is brilliant. My one Year 6 intervention group has really struggled with all aspects of negative numbers. Your PPT just seemed to do the trick. How fantastic to have six light bulb moments during one lesson. I have printed it off as A3 posters and they look great on my working wall.
Teaching Packs is the best subscription I have purchased so far. Keep up the excellent work.