The Fractions Pack includes a huge collection of activity resources, teaching guides and display materials to make fractions a bit less scary for your class!
Join Teaching Packs to download these resources today.
- A Seventeen page guide to Fractions - Let Fractionstein teach your children about fractions with our PDF guide. Use it as a whole class teaching tool by sharing it on a large display, let children use it as an eBook on individual devices or print the pages and use them on your classroom walls! This is also available in a smaller card format for individual reference during lessons.
- Three Sets of Fractions Vocabulary Cards - Twenty-four cards that explain key vocabulary linked to fractions. Blank versions are also available, so that children can make their own and discuss possible definitions.
- Seventy-Eight Fractions Posters - A huge collection of posters showing every fraction from one whole (1/1) to twelve twelfths (12/12) using words, numbers and shapes. A great reference tool for your classroom, these posters could also be used as an activity resource! These are also available in a smaller card format.
- Seventy-Eight Fractions, Decimals and Percentages Posters - Posters showing the relationship between fractions, decimals and percentages for all fractions between one whole and twelve twelfths. They could also be cut up and used as a matching activity. Also available as smaller cards.
- Sixty Activity Sheets - A huge set of activity sheets to reinforce children's understanding of different fractions skills.
- Six Fraction Walls - A variety of fraction walls, in large and small sizes, showing different fractions and helping children to understand and compare their sizes.
- Two Fractions Bookmarks - Printable bookmarks showing the comparative sizes of a range of fractions. Also includes a version that compares fractions, decimals and percentages.
- One Set of Fractions Dominoes - Play dominoes by matching the fractions, decimals and percentages!
- One Set of Fractions Follow Me Cards - Challenge your class to work together to solve the fractions, decimals and percentages questions on these follow me cards.
- Two Sets of Fractions Snap Cards - Play snap and match the equivalent fractions. A version with fractions, decimals and percentages is also included.
- Two 'Fractions on a Number Line' Resources - Challenge your pupils to position different fractions in the correct place on a number line. Includes all fractions from 1/2 to 12/12.
- Three Display Banners - A selection of banners to decorate your classroom displays.
Preview the Resources...
All payments are handled securely. Questions? Visit our Help Pages.
Reviews from our members:
Submit your review
I really enjoyed using the fractions pack. I used the worksheet in my Maths corner where students take laminated sheets to work on when they have finished their tasks or for that extra practice. They also look very good on my display board. Thank you for hese resources. They really save me time.
I found this pack to be really useful for my year 3 class. It is very visual and allowed them to see the patterns in the fractions clearly. The bookmarks were particularly popular! They were very helpful when the children were ordering fractions.They found the little monster character engaging and the whole pack was very accessible.
This is my favourite and most used pack. I was nervous of teaching fractions but this, particularly the guide helped me. It showed the kids fractions in the context of their world. I have this printed out, laminated and on a ring, the kids and I go back to it all the time to remind us of the vocabulary and ideas. My kids are year 4 (8 and 9 year olds).
I have used the fractions, decimals and percentage packs with my year 4/5/6 class and have found them very helpful. We have a school focus of improving "Maths Vocab" and having the posters up around the room has definitely helped. You are building up a great range of awesome resources. Thanks and keep up the great work.
Thank you so much for this very useful resource. I am teaching in a multi-class setting and found this resource most beneficial. With this resource I was able to teach the topic to the whole class and then differentiate the activities. I found the worksheets very beneficial to assess the pupils immediate understanding of the concept before progressing to other problem solving activities. The worksheets were very clear for pupils in my class who were finding the new concepts difficult. It gave them the opportunity to repeatedly practice the concept. It gave them a real sense of achievement and confidence. Thank you.
I have used a lot of this pack with my Primary 5 class and I was able to use it with all ability levels. The children engaged quickly with Fractionstein, and I found the small cards really useful for paired work.
This pack is a great little resource. It is perfect for covering the various elements of teaching fractions, with plenty of practice sheets to go over concepts. The information sheets are great for children to have for reference to scaffold their learning. The only thing I would change is to have the pack's activities organised in stages to show progression.
This is a very comprehensive pack including lots of really useful resources. However, it could be improved because the activity sheets have far too many questions on and don't have any element of challenge on them. Perhaps reduce the number of questions and include more challenge activities that allow the children to practise the skills taught.
I have used the fractions pack with year 3. It was very clear which supported my teaching and the children's grasp of the concept of fraction.
This is a really helpful resource with lots of facts and information in clear to understand language. I love the fact that can get the information on smaller cards and not just on A4 sheets as I don't have a lot of wall space in my classroom. As a junior school teacher I would have loved to have the fraction cards set out so I could just print 1 or 2 pages and have had a whole, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/9th and 1/10th. Instead to get the card with each of those fractions on I had to print almost every page. A small grumble, and I'm sure they'll come in useful later anyway!