Over the past few weeks, we’ve made a few changes to Teaching Packs…
- Updated Members Area – In response to feedback from some of our members, we have recently improved the design of the Members Area page, with clearer member information and updated links to the different members-only options (including the ‘Update Password’ page which was very difficult to find before!). There are also new links to the membership renewal page and our survey. Please take two minutes to complete it – your feedback will really help us to improve and expand the site next year.
- New Download Servers – We have also moved our downloadable packs and resources over to Amazon’s cloud servers. You don’t need to do anything to get resources from the new servers – it will happen automatically in the background. This should have two benefits for everyone:
- The downloads should be faster as Amazon will deliver the files to you from their huge network, using the servers that are nearest to you.
- The rest of the Teaching Packs site will be quicker as our server no longer has to deliver the huge resource pack files to our members.
2013 was an incredible year for our latest teaching resource site and we are really excited about the future of Teaching Packs in 2014. Here is an outline of our current plans:
- The Romans Pack – We have been working on this new resource pack for many months now and it has been an enormous task. Helen has researched the topic thoroughly and also produced a wonderful set of illustrations for our Romans eBook and teaching resources. The 48 page book has now been completed and checked by an independent expert and we have also produced a set of accompanying teaching resources. This pack is now available and we will be adding more teaching resources to it very soon!
- The Science Vocabulary Pack – Following the success of our Maths Vocabulary Pack, we were asked by a number of people to make a similar one for Science. We have started work on this and have already covered a number of different Science topics. There is still a lot to do though, so we hope to have this pack completed by the end of January.
- The Classroom Essentials Pack – Although this pack is already full of lots of different resources, we are still planning to add more to it. If you have any special requests, please let us know.
- The Mental Maths Pack – As part of our Giveaway a few weeks ago, we asked teachers to vote for a resource pack that we could add to our collection. The ‘Mental Maths Pack’ was (by far) the most popular, so this is definitely on our ‘to do’ list!
- The Thinking Skills Pack – We’ve also been considering making some thinking skills and problem solving resources. If these would be useful to you, let us know!
- Other resource packs – On our Facebook page, we have also asked teachers to tell us the topics that they were planning to cover next year. The image below shows the different suggestions. If the writing is in a larger font, that shows that it was more popular (and so we’re more likely to make resources for that topic first)…
Teaching Packs Forum
Although there have been a number of valuable discussions on our forum, it hasn’t been used by many of our members. So, we are planning to close it in the near future, to enable us to focus on making new teaching resources. We will use our Facebook, Twitter and Google+ pages for resource discussions in the future… and don’t forget that you can use the Contact Us page to get in touch with us directly.
Thank you to everyone for supporting Teaching Packs this year. We are really excited about the new resource packs that we are making and we can’t wait to share them with you soon!
Best wishes for 2014,
Mark and Helen
Already a Member? Log in here.