Write a postcard describing your holiday in this place. Include details to make the scene come alive for the reader, such as what you could see, hear, smell, touch and taste.
- Which country is this in?
- What time of day do you think it is?
- Would you take a trip on the water?
- How does the person who just crossed the bridge feel?
- What would you do if you were here?
- Look at different bridges around the world with our bridges image pack and teaching ideas.
- Study some of Canaletto’s views of Venice on the National Gallery site. What similarities and differences do you see?
- Explore the city of Venice on Google maps or Google Earth. What do you think it would be like to live there? How is it different to where you live? In what ways is it similar?