This statue of Gandhi is in the grounds of his home, Sabarmati Ashram, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
Research and write a biography of Gandhi – this site is a good starting point.
- Why is the figure sitting?
- Why has it been placed in a garden?
- Why has the sculptor chosen that pose?
- Where do you think this is?
- If you could ask Gandhi a question, what would it be?
- Make a comic strip of Gandhi’s life.
- The quote “Be the change you want to see in the world” is often credited to Gandhi. What does that quote mean to you?
- Gandhi was a Hindu and he put his beliefs into practice. Research the main beliefs of Hinduism and write a few paragraphs about them.