Continue this story…
For years I had been training for this moment. Every single day, working on my strength, my stamina, my concentration. I could hardly believe that the moment had finally come when…
- Why is he on his own?
- How is he feeling?
- What would you ask him?
- How fast do you think he might be going?
- How often does he have to train?
- Safely search online for images of prosthetic legs designed for running. Why are they such a different shape to human legs? What is important in designing a limb for sport? Can you design one?
- Use the data on the Paralympic.org site to create your own charts, graphs and statistical problems.
- 3D printing is beginning to be used for making prosthetic limbs. Read this article to find out how 3D printing works. Can you explain it to someone else?