Write a newspaper report on the effects of air pollution. Include the reasons why the pollution is being produced, and how people benefit from it, as well as the negative effects.
- What is being made?
- What would it be like to be there?
- Where in the world do you think this is?
- What would you ask the people who own the chimneys?
- How does this picture make you feel?
- Design a questionnaire about air pollution and use it to interview people and get their views on the subject.
- Find out about air pollution in your area. For example, in the UK DEFRA publish air quality data and forecasts here, and global information can be found here. How does where you live compare with other parts of your country or other parts of the world?
- Look at Industrial Landscape by LS Lowry, and use this planning to produce your own version.