Imagine you are the sailor on this ship. Write a letter home to describe your experiences.
- Is the sailor alone?
- How is the sailor feeling?
- Why do you think the sailor is on the boat?
- Where is the boat going?
- Where would the sun be, if we could see it? How do you know?
- Find out about Ellen MacArthur who sailed around (circumnavigated) the world single-handed in a sailing boat. What challenges did she face? How did she overcome them?
- This is a picture of a sailing boat. How many other types of boat can you think of? What do they have in common? What are the differences between them?
- Design and make your own boat. What materials will you use? Will it float?