Write an acrostic poem about this roaring fire. What kind of imagery could you use?
- Who has made this fire?
- Can you see any shapes or pictures in the flames?
- Why has the fire been made?
- Where did the wood come from?
- What might the people who made this fire be doing now?
- Why might we describe this fire as “roaring”? What other adjectives could we use to describe it?
- Find out the three things that are needed for a fire to burn.
- Make a fire safety poster. This site has links to lots of resources you can use.
- Stories are traditionally told around a fire. Write your own fireside tale.