Write a diary entry from the point of view of the child or the woman. What would they have noticed about the tree? How would they describe it?
- Where is this?
- How do the woman and child know each other?
- What is the name of the tree?
- What will happen next?
- How is the woman feeling?
- What kind of magical powers do you think the tree has?
- Find out more about fungi with these super ideas from the British Mycological Society.
- Learn more about trees with our fact cards. Can you use them to write a quiz about trees?
- Find a tree stump and count the rings. How old was the tree? Draw a diagram. Find out more about the information trees store in their rings at this NASA site.