Write a story where this is the opening scene. Who are the characters? What are they doing in the woods? What will happen next?
- How do these people know each other?
- What do you think they are doing?
- What might they be saying to each other?
- What time of year is this?
- What might happen next?
- Create a piece of art using natural materials such as leaves and sticks. This page has some lovely examples by the artist Andy Goldsworthy.
- Make some leaf rubbings
- Use these downloadable sheets from the Woodland Trust to identify trees.