Write a newspaper report about this incident. Include quotes from people involved, such as the men in the boat or one of the car owners.
- Who are the people in the boat?
- Where are they going?
- What would you ask the men in the boat?
- How would you feel if you owned one of the cars?
- What do you think caused the flood?
- Imagine you are in one of the houses. What would you do?
- Research the causes and effects of flooding. This CBBC fact file is a good source of information.
- Make a collection of useful vocabulary to describe flooding, for example “deluge” and “burst its banks”. How many can you find?
- Look at Monet’s flood pictures, Flood Waters and Floods at Giverny. Try painting your own flood picture in the same style.