Write an acrostic poem using the word dragon.
- What is the dragon’s name?
- What is the dragon thinking?
- What can the dragon see?
- Who or what else is there with it?
- Why is the dragon there?
- What will happen next?
- Explore our teaching ideas for How to Train your Dragon by Cressida Cowell.
- Use this fun dragon creator programmed in Scratch, or have a go at coding your own!
- Make a list of the conventions about dragons in stories, for example, that they breathe fire or that they guard precious things. How many can you find? Can you find any stories that do not obey those conventions?