Write the girl’s diary entry for this day. What is she telling the teddy about?
- What is the book about?
- What is the girl telling the bear?
- Why has she decided to tell the bear?
- How is the girl feeling?
- What would you ask the girl if you were there?
- Use this as part of a discussion about secrets and surprises. What is the difference between a secret and a surprise? When is it OK to keep a secret and when do you need to tell somebody?
- Put something secret in a closed box. Let the children hold the box but not open it. What do they think is inside? Can they work it out using closed questions that you can only answer “yes” or “no” to?
- Try sending some secret messages using our codes sheet.