Write the story that leads up to this image. How did the child and the fox come to be best friends?
- What might the child be saying to the fox?
- Why are they looking at the stars?
- Why is the fox’s tail curled around the child?
- Do you think they have known each other long?
- How do you think they met?
- Research foxes and other animals which live in an urban habitat.
- Make a list of books and films you know where animals and humans are friends. Do you notice any similarities and differences?
- Discuss the part animals play in your life. Why are animals important to us?
- Foxes appear in lots of stories, such as Rosie’s Walk by Pat Hutchins. How are foxes portrayed in them?