Improve this sentence…
The elephant sat in the tree.
- How did the elephant get in the tree?
- What is the elephant looking at?
- Why is the elephant alone?
- What do you think the elephant is feeling?
- What might happen next?
- Make a list of books and films in which animals find themselves in unusual situations; for example the film Madagascar, and the book A Lion in Paris by Beatrice Alemagna.
- Draw or paint an animal in an unlikely setting, for example on a busy city street.
- Label a picture of an elephant with the adaptations that allow it to live in its natural habitat.