Continue this story…
“Someone has left the gate open again”, Mr Hill thought as he trudged across the field… “
- Who left the gate open?
- What time of day is this?
- What might the consequences of leaving the gate open be?
- What is on the other side of the gate?
- What left the tracks in front of the gate?
- What happens next?
- Discuss why gates should be shut or left open, what might be the consequences of not shutting a gate? When might it be a good idea to leave a gate open? If you are in the UK, look at the countryside code for more information.
- Look at some fields from the air, using Google Earth or aerial photographs. What do you notice? Try looking at fields in different parts of the world, and compare them.
- Design a gate that cannot be left open. How would the mechanism work?